Lease Expiration

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The lease on my truck expires in July and I am looking to buy a new car. The bank who holds the lien told me not to tell the dealership that it is a leased vehicle when negotiating the trade in. Once a deal is struck, to call them back to get some sort of approval before signing any paperwork.

Has anyone had to do this before? If so, any practical advice?

It all sounds like such a PITA...

SxyPrincess

Sounds like good advice to me. When I was searching for a new car, I'd tell the dealership that I'm not here to sell my current car, I'm here to BUY one of yours. How much I owe on my current car has nothing to do with the purchase of yours.

Try to get the lowest price you can for the vehicle you want (in writing) then proceed to negotiate your trade-in. Oh, and when they ask "How much are you expecting to get for your trade?" make sure you come back with "How much are you willing to give me?" Make sure YOU are in control of the deal the entire time. :cool:

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by RoseRed
The lease on my truck expires in July and I am looking to buy a new car. The bank who holds the lien told me not to tell the dealership that it is a leased vehicle when negotiating the trade in. Once a deal is struck, to call them back to get some sort of approval before signing any paperwork.

Has anyone had to do this before? If so, any practical advice?

It all sounds like such a PITA...

Hey Rose,

I'll GIVE you my thunderbird if you buy me this? :lmao:

white_060.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Jameo
While we are at it, I'd really like one of these! I'll even take you to the Tiki bar in it :bubble:

20outlaw.jpe
:lol: Works for me. Can we ditch JD?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Hey RR, if you work for a DoD Contractor you might wanna check to see if your company is eligible for a supplier or employee discount.

We bought my hubby a truck with the Dodge Employee discount and bought my car with the GM Supplier discount. The pricing is usually really fair. They have you pay a small percentage over the dealer's invoice and you are also eligible for ALL incentives and rebates that apply to that particular car/truck

It's worth a shot to see if your company is on the list!

Daimler Chrysler - 888.444.4321

Ford - 1.877.XPLAN.00

GM - 800.960.3375

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ememdee19
Hey RR, if you work for a DoD Contractor you might wanna check to see if your company is eligible for a supplier or employee discount.

We bought my hubby a truck with the Dodge Employee discount and bought my car with the GM Supplier discount. The pricing is usually really fair. They have you pay a small percentage over the dealer's invoice and you are also eligible for ALL incentives and rebates that apply to that particular car/truck

It's worth a shot to see if your company is on the list!

Daimler Chrysler - 888.444.4321

Ford - 1.877.XPLAN.00

GM - 800.960.3375
Cool, thanks!

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Has anybody tried those numbers to see if they qualify? Some may be surprised that their company is on the list!