SMECO Bill

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
:howdy:
But then, I live with a heat pump and the dates the bill covered were some really cold days. Still, it was a lot higher than last year's at the same time.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
chernmax said:
Wow anyone else receive a SMECO bill :elaine: that was outrageously high??? :jameo:

More than a 1/3rd increase!!! :wench:

Mine wasn't much different than last year.:shrug: Although they did put a post it note in there saying that they were coming to claim my first born child when next month's bill comes out.:bawl:

Vince

Haven't gotten mine yet. Went up 6 months ago and probably go up again. Called SMECO and due to a computer upgrade billing will be late.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Mine actually went down (12/28-1/29); hmmm...but that reminds me that I haven't gotten a bill for 1/29-2/28 though? Think I should inquire where it is? :lmao:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Vince said:
Haven't gotten mine yet. Went up 6 months ago and probably go up again. Called SMECO and due to a computer upgrade billing will be late.

That probably explains why I haven't seen my Jan-Feb bill yet...........

johnjrval424

When I signed up for their budget billing, they STOPPED sending me my monthly bill. It wasn't until I logged on to SMECO to see what was happening that I saw I was a month past due.

I need a bill each month to remind me to pay it, as silly as that sounds. They didn't tell me they were stopping my bills when I went on budget billing. Now, I have a post-it stuck to my computer screen reminding me to pay them! :coffee:

princess73

just one of those days...
johnjrval424 said:
When I signed up for their budget billing, they STOPPED sending me my monthly bill. It wasn't until I logged on to SMECO to see what was happening that I saw I was a month past due.

I need a bill each month to remind me to pay it, as silly as that sounds. They didn't tell me they were stopping my bills when I went on budget billing. Now, I have a post-it stuck to my computer screen reminding me to pay them! :coffee:

When I paid the bill online one time they stopped sending me bills too. So I went to their office in White Plains and requested to start getting bills again. Maybe they will do that for you too. It couldn't hurt to try.

spookthis

Mine is usually withdrawn from my checking account by the 5th, but nothing has been swept by SMECO yet this month. Last months bill was over $400.00 :eyebrow: mostly due to Xmas lights, but it wasn't anything like National Lampoons Christmas either. It's been averaging about $300, spouse and I live alone, no one is home all day and the house is about 2500 sq ft. I have insulated the house all I can even putting plug protectors in the sockets of outside walls and insulators around the light switches...still over $300 :nomoney:

johnjrval424

princess73 said:
When I paid the bill online one time they stopped sending me bills too. So I went to their office in White Plains and requested to start getting bills again. Maybe they will do that for you too. It couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks, I'll do that. I freaked when I saw what my two-month balance due was! :jameo: :faint:

princess73

johnjrval424 said:
Thanks, I'll do that. I freaked when I saw what my two-month balance due was! :jameo: :faint:

I know I did too. If it weren't for hot showers it would almost be worth it to be amish... :lmao:

jrogers

Originally Posted by chernmax
Wow anyone else receive a SMECO bill :elaine: that was outrageously high??? :jameo:
More than a 1/3rd increase!!!
Supposedly, they had a system change on Feb. 19th, and all their bills went out late.
Also -- everyone's account number changed and there was a note in with the bill about paying online/over telephone, that we are supposed to change it when we make a payment. Our bill was a little over the top also. :faint:

princess73

jrogers said:

Supposedly, they had a system change on Feb. 19th, and all their bills went out late.
Also -- everyone's account number changed and there was a note in with the bill about paying online/over telephone, that we are supposed to change it when we make a payment. Our bill was a little over the top also. :faint:

great.... there goes my tax return... I was going to buy something nice with it too. oh well....

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Mine was 120 dollars more and this year i've been going to the laundry mat because my washer and dryer broke. :jameo: o my bill should be less

jenbengen

Watch it
chernmax said:

More than a 1/3rd increase!!! :wench:

We actually thought it was a bill for two months because ours was so high last month. Getting the SMECO bill is never fun.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Well my billis also automatically deducted from checking monthly. I pay mine online also, have used low voltage bulb's and pretty much have the same daily usage as January if not less since I took my Xmas lights down and it jumped like $179.00!!! :wench: Ouch...