Lexington Park Giant

willie

That place seems totally disorganized. They put Edy's ice cream on sale 2 for the price of one. It rings up two. Pepsi products 4 for $10. Rings up regular price. It seems like it's always been like this. I got a 39 cent 20 lb.Christmas turkey for $17. If you don't catch it as it's being rung up then you stand in line at customer service. The only prices that are reasonable are the house brands. Today they have $6.99 Rib Eye for $7.29.

L

Lexington Punk

I'm newto the area. I carefuly compared the Giant the Safeway and Food Lion. Food Lion has by far the cheapest prices. The giant is good for their occasional big discounts on random items but Food Lion is still cheapest.
I shop for myself and my girls and they have a good variety too.

L

Lexington Punk

Originally posted by cariblue
You live in Lexington Park and drive all the way to Safeway?

I carefully watch the budget. Im sort of obsessivel when it comes to that kind of stuff. My family situation requires it.

Safeway gas with the bonus card offers another reasonto make the trip.

L

Lexington Punk

You can save up to 7cents a gallon there. But theyre not as cheap with the food prices so Food Lion is better. They get a bad rap still because of that dateline thing but that was a long time ago.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Where's the Safeway Cari? I don't think I have ever seen it. Been to McKays - good for the fresh stuff, bad for frozen and canned goods. Been to Food Lion like it okay. Been to Giant in California and felt like I was in a Warehouse. Didn't like that at all.

L

Lexington Punk

Those warehouse places are intimidating. And who needs 50 packs of paper towels?
:)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
Where's the Safeway
None in St. Mary's County - it closed 10+ years ago. The nearest ones are La Plata, Prince Frederick, and Dunkirk.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Lexington Punk
You can save up to 7cents a gallon there.
You waste any savings driving from LP to Dunkirk. I can't see anyone driving 30+ minutes to save 7 cents a gallon. Sheetz is $1.39 - what's the price for Safeway?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jazz lady
None in St. Mary's County - it closed 10+ years ago. The nearest ones are La Plata, Prince Frederick, and Dunkirk.

Thank you Jazzy One...(singing..I can see clearly now.... )

:lmao: :lmao:

willie

Shoppers Food Warehouse is good and you don't have to have a member card. Isn't the gas at Wawa and Sheetz as cheap or cheaper than Safeway?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jazz lady
You waste any savings driving from LP to Dunkirk. I can't see anyone driving 30+ minutes to save 7 cents a gallon. Sheetz is $1.39 - what's the price for Safeway?

If you live in Calvert, it makes perfect sense. Gas this morning was $1.49.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
He's gone. He knows he blew it.

Another one bites the dust...another one bites the dust...and another one's gone...and another one's gone...another one bites the dust...

:lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If he really lived in Lex PK, he'd know Shoppers is cheaper than Food Lion anyday.

SmallTown

Football season!
after it opened, we always went to Shoppers. Good prices, and great selections on most things.

For some reason, our bill was always higher at Food Lion compared to the other places in town. and their selections were very minimal. Here in Va, we have Giant, food lion, and safeway close to the house, and shoppers about 5 miles away. We have tried the Giant and Food lion, and between the two giant actually came out cheaper. We have only gone to the safeway for individual items, so can't compare a normal "shopping trip". Have yet to go to the shoppers, but hopefully we'll get their this weekend.
The scary thing is, we ended up going to the food lion because the parking lots at giant and safeway were packed! yet fl was pretty empty... Will have to try and figure out why. Was there another meat bleaching incident that i'm not aware of???

SeaRide

Originally posted by SmallTown
yet FoodLion was pretty empty... Will have to try and figure out why. Was there another meat bleaching incident that i'm not aware of???

Because they saw YOU coming from miles away.

j/k

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
It's supposed to go back up, I don't know about gas pumps. There's 2 gas stations across the street and another one up by 7-11.