Convention Center in DC

watercolor

yeah yeah
Going to the home and garden show in DC on friday- looking for the best way to get to the convention center. Thanks

D

dems4me

watercolor said:
Going to the home and garden show in DC on friday- looking for the best way to get to the convention center. Thanks

By car or metro?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
get on 301 north to 50 to dc stay on 50 which becomes New York Avenue into DC stay on it until you see Mt Vernon Place viola convention center

rack'm

Jaded
Map

BY METRO

The closest METRO stop is Mt. Vernon Sq/7th St. Convention Center on the Yellow or Green Line.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
watercolor said:
Just talked to her- and there is a possibility for metro.. so from suitland?

Branch Avenue.

And if you're driving, I'd come up 5 and hit Suitland Parkway to 395 N..way quicker. I can get you the specific directions if you want to drive, but parking could be a problem.

watercolor

yeah yeah
So you would take suitland, on to the yellow or green line towards mt vernon/7th street? I am so dumb when it comes to this- seeing as I have only rode the metro 1 time, and that was for the chili cookoff last year.

watercolor

yeah yeah
cattitude said:
Branch Avenue.

And if you're driving, I'd come up 5 and hit Suitland Parkway to 395 N..way quicker. I can get you the specific directions if you want to drive, but parking could be a problem.

SO 5 to suitland to 395 instead of 50? Just wanting to make sure.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
watercolor said:
SO 5 to suitland to 395 instead of 50? Just wanting to make sure.
WC - I picked the route that would be least confusing, less turns and less looking for different roads. It's a little longer, but once you are on 50 it's a straight shot with no turns. Take whatever way you are most comfortable.

watercolor

yeah yeah
migtig said:
WC - I picked the route that would be least confusing, less turns and less looking for different roads. It's a little longer, but once you are on 50 it's a straight shot with no turns. Take whatever way you are most comfortable.

:yay: :flowers: :love:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I figured she could certainly make a few turns and save hitting all of those stop lights on 301 and going all the way up and around and in on 50. NY Avenue in the morning is a PITA.

Do what you want WC..going 395 is NOT difficult. If you want the directions, let me know.

Good luck.

missthang

Just Giving My Opinion
Parking is limited at the Convention Center. It's more convenient to use Metro.
Use the Branch Ave station near Andrews Air Force. If you go Saturday or Sunday the parking is free. :howdy:

ohstate

FYI, they had signs on 295 this morning saying that the south Capitol Street bridge was going to be closed starting Friday at 10 a.m. through the weekend, in case any of you were planning on getting into the city that way.

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Take Metro. If you are leaving L'town at 9am, you shouldn't have a problem finding a parking spot at Branch Avenue. They have special spots reserved for those arriving after 10 am, and it's a Friday, the lot usually doesn't fill up anyway. But the reserved spots are right up by the entrance :yay: Take Green line to Mt. Vernon stop, and you're there.

You will have to buy a Metro "Smart Trip" pass, in order to get out of the parking lot, Don't park in the metered parking spots unless you plan on arriving back to your car by 3:30. If you get back after 3:30, you will have a nice little letter asking you to pay $20 for that parking spot on your windshield...but then again, that's about what you'd pay for parking up in town, if you can find a spot...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
rack'm said:
Map

BY METRO

The closest METRO stop is Mt. Vernon Sq/7th St. Convention Center on the Yellow or Green Line.

What he said :yay: (cost about $1.85 each way), we got on in Suitland to hop the Metro during the DC Auto show...