New to the area

Orionreplay

My wife and I will be moving to the Lexington Park area by the end of the month. On recent visits to the area we were pleased at the shopping availability, particularly because where we are from in Maine is finally getting a Best Buy, Target, etc...just in time for us to leave.

I have searched on this forum for rumors of new stores, but all were old threads and not very recent. Are there any current rumors on upcoming shopping in the area?

We are also avid movie goers and we are wondering where the best movie theaters are located...are there places with stadium seating, etc?

Any suggestions on good quality furniture stores so that we can fill our new home?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

GRSHPPR

The best movie theater would probably be the next major city. Lexington Pk has a movie theater, but I think its not all that.

By any chance, are you in the Military? If so, Why come to sleepy hollow pax river?

S

StrwberryKisses

The waldorf one is in the ghetto. Its nice if you go to a day time movie.

Good Luck with the move. Do you have children?

:popcorn:

Richard Cranium

These things suck about Lexington Park and surrounding area:
-Movie theater
-Bowling alley
-Speed traps (which you'll read about often)
-Certain parts of town

These things are okay about Lexington Park and surrounding area:
-Job security
-Family oriented
-Fishing
-Proximity to civilization (DC)

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
OrionReplay, I think you'll find that the closest movie theater with stadium seating is in Annapolis, about 90 minutes North of Lexington Park.

The movie theater in Lexington Park is one of the shoddiest, dirtiest, most dilapidated excuses for a business in the area; and that's unfortunately not an exaggeration. It's my opinion that the only reason they're still in operation is because they have a monopoly on the market down here...the next closest one is in Prince Frederick, 45 minutes away.

Welcome to the area, by the way. If you're an outdoors type, you'll be very happy during the warmer months. This area is a little bit behind the times when it comes to more refined entertainment, but you're within two hours of DC, Baltimore, and Richmond---should the fancy strike you. Or you can just park your car along Great Mills Road on a Friday night and watch the show for free. :popcorn: I wouldn't recommend taking the kids, however.

mrweb

Iron City
Richard Cranium said:
-Movie theater
-Bowling alley
-Certain parts of town
-Me

These things are okay about Lexington Park and surrounding area:
-Job security
-Family oriented
-Fishing
-Proximity to civilization (DC)
-Not me

:fixed:

Richard Cranium

Ah, forgot about that mrweb. I'm such a detriment to the community, a parasite to the local economy. I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

Filthy pig.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Orionreplay said:
My wife and I will be moving to the Lexington Park area by the end of the month. On recent visits to the area we were pleased at the shopping availability, particularly because where we are from in Maine is finally getting a Best Buy, Target, etc...just in time for us to leave.

I have searched on this forum for rumors of new stores, but all were old threads and not very recent. Are there any current rumors on upcoming shopping in the area?

We are also avid movie goers and we are wondering where the best movie theaters are located...are there places with stadium seating, etc?

Any suggestions on good quality furniture stores so that we can fill our new home?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

With Orion in your name I'm guessing you are Navy.. and are coming from Topsham ME??

If you liked Maine, and the Topsham area you will probably grow to love this place, depending on where you chose to live.

This has MUCH in common with the Topsham area, minus the snow. i wanted to retire in Dover Point, NH,and this place has a lot in common with no snow to shovel!! :yay: If you can, look South of the base, and you'll see what I mean.

Now for you...

Are you Chubby??

What kind of bike do you ride??

Are you a pony-boy??

Do you drive a Nissan, Toyota or Mazda that's been "modified" for performance??

Do you like Chinese food?

How about Sushi??

Are you afraid of crowds??

What if they are full of weird, psychopaths that like to chat online??

Have fun here, it's a great place to live.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Orion - welcome to the area:howdy: Ignore Richard Cranium....his name is so approprié....

Richard...please go away. You're like the kid that everyone couldn't stand in grade school and always wished would move away.

"Cyber bullying — a relatively new phenomenon — began surfacing as modern communication technologies advanced. Through email, instant messaging, Internet chat rooms, and electronic gadgets like camera cell phones, cyber bullies forward and spread hurtful images and/or messages. Bullies use this technology to harass victims at all hours, in wide circles, at warp speed. "

Click here:
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
SEABREEZE 1957 said:
Richard...please go away. You're like the kid that everyone couldn't stand in grade school and always wished would move away.

"Cyber bullying — a relatively new phenomenon — began surfacing as modern communication technologies advanced. Through email, instant messaging, Internet chat rooms, and electronic gadgets like camera cell phones, cyber bullies forward and spread hurtful images and/or messages. Bullies use this technology to harass victims at all hours, in wide circles, at warp speed. "

Click here:
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm

He needs to get his beaver slapped and get nestled in with Azzy.

mrweb

Iron City
Richard Cranium said:
Ah, forgot about that mrweb. I'm such a detriment to the community, a parasite to the local economy. I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

:confused:

Welcome Orionreplay. Do your research on the area. Ignore the nay-sayers, some folks are never happy wherever they live. IMO, Southern Maryland is a wonderful place to settle.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
What would that be? :confused:
Lot of outdoor fun.. more rural then urban.. LOTS of trees.. Though I think the ones here are taller.. GREAT place to live if you like to hunt fish and boat.. great places for sailboating..

They have Lobsters, we have Crabs..

That have Stripers, we have Rockfish..

We both have Blues..

Of course last I know they didn't have Pelicans..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Richard Cranium said:
-Movie theater
-Bowling alley
-Certain parts of town
Welcome to Southern MD. I'm sure you know there are people that whine about the area the Navy sticks them in, no matter where you're stationed. (see quote above) I was always amazed when people would complain about living in Hawaii
The local movie theater has 6 screens, but could use a renovation. The good thing about that is they've removed some damaged seats, get there early and you can find a seat with plenty of leg room. There is also a theater on base
Average bowling alley, also one one base.
Be reasonably aware of your surroundings, don't ride with drunk women and you'll probably never meet one of our law enforcement officers. They also have a tendency to let motorcycles maintain a "positive speed differential" in the interest of safety of course.
Unfortunatly, like most of America, some areas have a higher crime rate than others.