"Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"

BlackSheep

Okay, so I'm flippin through the channels and find this new game show w/kids, a contestant and the most annoying redneck wannabe-Jeff Foxworthy as host...oh, and up to 1 million in winnings.

Since there was actually a fifth grader in the house, I thought this show might be interesting for us to watch. It's not. (1) It's very slow. Alex Trebek could rattle off 25 questions in the time it takes Foxworthy to get through 2 or 3. (2) The joke gets tired *very* fast. Ha ha! The adults are stupid! The kids know more than they do! Whoda thunk it! And (3) those kids are *really* annoying, gloating in their superiority. In a different world they'd be being beaten up in their respective school playgrounds. The whole thing seems choreographed. I hated it.

If it were up to me to add some classes to the grade school curriculum, I think I’d put more emphasis on these skills: public speaking, risk assessment, BS detecting, social skills, decision-making, managing your own body, and influencing people.

izzyluv234

the game is extremely slow paced. The questions seem to match to an advanced curriculum in that specific grade. I dunno, kinda hard for me to sit and watch a whole hour of Jeff Foxworthy as host.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
izzyluv234 said:
the game is extremely slow paced. The questions seem to match to an advanced curriculum in that specific grade. I dunno, kinda hard for me to sit and watch a whole hour of Jeff Foxworthy as host.

Very much like "Geek Island" !!! but more interesting ! Pirate stomps and nestled beavers....:bigwhoop: :shortbus: