Bbq

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Is the new barbecue place in Lexington Park (Johnny Boy's, I think) any good? I think the best one in the area is Randy's in Hughesville.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Are talking about the one on the left-hand side of 235 going south before you get to the gate? If so, my husband tried it and he hates their sauce. I guess it wasn't spicy enough.

Randy's is GREAT! :yum: :yum: :yum:

There's another new one in Solomon's where Navarro's used to be, I don't know anyone who has been there yet.

tater

Alrighty, I've been meaning to try out the new place, but now........... maybe not. If I wanted weak sauce and the nuclear radiation, I could get that staying home and cooking for myself. Less moolah (sp?) too . Oh yeah..... that's what I heard.... they are pretty proud of their pigs and cows (kinda pricey). Sounds to me like they may go down as fast as they went up. I'm still scratching my head on that. I went to San Souci for lunch one day and it seemed to me like they built the place in the 30 minutes I was gone. Sheeesh, it was just there on my way back in. :confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Johnny D's is great. Have gotten food from there twice this week, the pit beef and the grilled Italian sausage sandwhiches are filling and tasty. They could spice up the sauce a little for the BBQ. Others out here tried the pulled pork and liked it as well. The only complaint I have heard is that the fries get a little mushy in those cups.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by johndoug
Bear Creek is the Best...I was at Bear Creek this week and it looks the dining area will be opening soon.

Bear Creek is the BOMB! Great sandwiches and platters. They usually have a special every night. They just paved the parking lot, which got rid of all the nasty potholes. I live only a couple of miles from there, so it's very convenient.

I was there last week and had the ribs/chicken combo. :yum: It usually takes me two meals to finish all the food in one of their dinners. We peeked in the dining room and it looks pretty neat. They said it should be opened very shortly. :yay:

Taz

Bear Creek BBQ

Gotta agree...Bear Creek seems to have best BBQ in St. Mary's. We go there for lunch a couple of times a week. People here will be glad when they open dining room, we hate taking lunch back to the office to eat.

pilot

Re: Bear Creek BBQ

Originally posted by Taz
People here will be glad when they open dining room

Do they have plans for that?

Also, is Bear Creek open in the winter? If not, what months are they open? Thanks.

Taz

They are open year round as far as I know. We ate there earlier this week. Work on dining room is in progress now and "should be completed soon" we were told.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bear Creek is open year round, but in the winter it is closed Sundays and Mondays. I think their winter hours are 10:30 to 7 Tuesday through Thursday and 10:30 to 8 on Friday and Saturday. I'm not sure what their operating hours are going to be for the summer.

Last edited:

pilot

That's great that they'll be adding a dining room. That's the main reason we haven't gone there yet!

Taz

Bear Creek

Looking forward to the hot sauces they used to serve. Like it when it clears your sinuses and makes you sweat!

dr. phil

Salty? are you sick? Bear Creek is not only the best BBQ in the county, but I believe-they are best in all the land! Very good selection and mucho food piled on the plate, whether you order a combo platter or just a sandwhich, you will always get your moneys worth! And don't forget their daily specials, which are something different other than bbq! Prime Rib,Country Fried Steak,Fried Oysters- even an occasional Rabbit or Venison? It's always a surprise. Like old favorites like meatloaf,spaghetti,pot roast-just like granny use to make? You can find it there! And the service is usually excellent! Very friendly atmosphere!

Its a must see---check it out

And if you have not been their because there is no dining area as of yet, it is your loss on some great BBQ!!!

so long for now, A dedicated customer

Vicki

Johnny B's is ok if you want Texas bbq (red sauce) but I went in there asking for North Carolina bbq (cooked with a hot pepper/vinegar sauce) and they said "oh yeah, we got Carolina bbq" - so I get excited about it, being from N.C. and all, and was greatly disappointed. Plus, they don't have sweet iced tea. Now how can someone eat bbq without fresh brewed sweet iced tea? I drove all the way to Smithfield N.C. just to have carolina bbq! I should have let them try it so they know what I'm talking about... but who cares about them, right? haha

John Z

if you will
I've been to Bear Creek once. Pretty good, but that was like 4 years ago. I enjoy all the places I've been to, including Texas Ribs & BBQ (jp - i like that place, it is just too smoky), Johnny D's (or whatever it is called - the one outside Gate 1 near the base), Lefty's, and Red Hot & Blue. I guess I'm easy to please.... :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
speaking of bbq, anyone ever go to Famous Daves in annapolis?
Oh my. Be prepared for a long wait, and all of the BIG people because they flock to this place because of the HUGE portions you get. It was pretty good, but I'm one who hates to waste food and I ended up leaving A LOT on the table. WAY too much. But if you're hungry and like bbq, yum yum. :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Famous Dave's is great. They play blues music like Red Hot & Blue, but the interior motif is hunting and fishing. :confused: But I can easily imagine an outdoor enthusiast singing the blues: (in my Howlin' Wolf voice) "I caught a big fish, baby.... ooh, but he got away from me...."

Cheerios

I Still Like Red Hot And Blue

Randy's BBQ was a little too tough for me - A lot of folks go to Dales in Indian Head - - has tables too - they have sweet potatoes also. I love JR's in Ocean City -