There, Their, They're. Then, Than.

spicy

Believe it or not, THERE is a differenct. It's not hard.

I think everybody knows what THERE means, despite its many meanings. THEIR is the possessive form of THEY. Meaning something that belongs to THEY. THEIR house.
THEY'RE. This is a contraction of the two words THEY and ARE. THEY ARE stupid idiots becomes THEY'RE stupid idiots.
Moving on.
Then/than. THEN is an adverb, with several meanings. THAN is not a synonym for it. THEN is an adverb meaning
at that time, next in time, space or order. In addition, moreover besides. Therefore, and in some cases it is a noun.
THAN.
THAN is most often used after a comparative word!
I am better THAN you.
Use THAN when you are making comparisons!

Thank you for listening. I hope we can all at least look forward to more grammatically correct posts than we've had before. Then everybody can be happy!! I know people can learn! They're not stupid, its just that their intelligence is not the prize pig, if you know what I mean. There.

Last edited:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
spicy said:

I think everybody knows what THERE means, despite its many meanings. THEIR is the possessive form of THEY. Meaning something that belongs to THEY. THEIR house.
THEY'RE. This is a contraction of the two words THEY and ARE. THEY ARE stupid idiots becomes THEY'RE stupid idiots.
Moving on.
Then/than. THEN is an adverb, with several meanings. THAN is not a synonym for it. THEN is an adverb meaning
at that time, next in time, space or order. In addition, moreover besides. Therefore, and in some cases it is a noun.
THAN.
THAN is most often used after a comparitive word!
I am better THAN you.

Thank you for listening. I hope we can all at least look forward to more grammatically correct posts than we've had before. Then everybody can be happy!! I know people can learn! They're not stupid, its just that their intelligence is not the prize pig, if you know what I mean. There.
Jazz? Is that you? :confused:

mainman

Set Trippin
spicy said:

Moving on.
THAN.
I am better THAN you.

I have the there/their/they're thing licked, it's always the than/then thing that kicks my ass...:dork:

Why is the question mark on a keyboard an upper case function and the slash just a poke? I don't know about you all, but I use the "?" way more then the "/".
Their, that is my compalint for the day.

Roughidle

Their...they're now, lettuce knot bee two hard on those with knot as hi of an education as the rest of us. We are know better then them and should no better than to belittle the less advantaged. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As I understand it...

Their there and then is sometimes different than their there and then and they're less happy about that than they are.

As I understand it.

But then, what of that rather than this?

:jameo:

spicy

Roughidle said:
Their...they're now, lettuce knot bee two hard on those with knot as hi of an education as the rest of us. We are know better then them and should no better than to belittle the less advantaged. :lmao:

That one turned out proper--so I have to wonder, did you simply not catch it, or did you think it was then and change it to than?

Anyway I know people are less educated that's why I'm trying to teach them a simple lesson. Sure, they will make fun but I think secretly they will take note.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Why is the question mark on a keyboard an upper case function and the slash just a poke? I don't know about you all, but I use the "?" way more then the "/".
Don't know/don't care

spicy

desertrat said:

I hardly ever use the "?" I guess it's because I have nearly all of the answers.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
spicy said:
That one turned out proper--so I have to wonder, did you simply not catch it, or did you think it was then and change it to than?

Anyway I know people are less educated thats why I'm trying to teach them a simple lesson. Sure, they will make fun but I think secretly they will take note.
That's = that is.

spicy

RoseRed said:
That's = that is.

Ok, fair enough. But we all know that a spelling mistake is a bit different than improper word usage/grammar. See I don't much mind about spelling errors, unless they are blatant, but when it's something as simple as dropping the apostrophe, you and I both know it goes there, sometimes they get dropped, oh well. But when you use a totally wrong word, well that's entirely different.

RoseRed said:
That's = that is.
The one I still don't get is using " ' " for possessive versus plural. Especially in cases like " it's and that's" vs " its and thats''.
Example: Its a lot of trouble to get it's lid off.
Or is it. It's a lot of trouble to get its lid off.?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
The one I still don't get is using " ' " for possessive versus plural. Especially in cases like " it's and that's" vs " its and thats''.
It is a lot of trouble... It's.

spicy

desertrat said:

Yeah I don't get either why the possessive of it doesn't have the apostrophe. Just accept it for what it is I guess.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
spicy said:

Moving on.
THAN.
I am better THAN you.

But I guess spelling isn't important. :lol:

MMDad

Lem Putt
spicy said:
Ok, fair enough. But we all know that a spelling mistake is a bit different than improper word usage/grammar. See I don't much mind about spelling errors, unless they are blatant, but when it's something as simple as dropping the apostrophe, you and I both know it goes there, sometimes they get dropped, oh well. But when you use a totally wrong word, well that's entirely different.
Run on sentences bother me, especially when they are posted by grammar nazis.