car radio goes bloo-ee

Bow

When I near a traffic light in St. M. county, the car radio goes nuts....static, noise. This didn't happen when I lived in the city....same car. Difference between rural and city electricity?

John Z

if you will
The only intersection I have that problem at is the Rt 4/Rt 235 intersection. Makes me wonder if I'm developing cancerous tumors at the same time from whatever EMI is causing the radio interference. :frown:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You have an oversensitive radio reciever?

:cool: How about going to Radio Shack and seeing if you can get an RFI (radio frequency interference)Filter to connect between your radio and the car/truck antenna input?

I've not noticed that problem with any of my systems yet, but that doesn't mean anyone else might not be having it, and never known what was causing it.

J

justhangn

They ARE listening to your every sound and tracking your EVERY move.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by John Z
The only intersection I have that problem at is the Rt 4/Rt 235 intersection.

Yeap that is the only one I have had problems with.. BUT! The other day (saturday to be exact) I noticed the same with my radio going berrzerk.. and stactic

RodRugg

Re: Re: car radio goes bloo-ee

Originally posted by mpdeacon
I had that problem once and I took it to a car expert (mechanic?) who put in a resistor or some kind of electronic part that solved it. He said that it was too sensitive and was also picking up engine noise. Don't know if that will help but it's worth a try...

My uncle Stanley is a car expert. He's always talkin' about car stuff like motors and wheels and knobs and trunks. He installed my grandma's radio in her car under the seat so nobody would steal it. My grandma listens to her Bible tapes on it as loud as she can. Sometimes she has to pull over to the side of the road to flip over the tape. One time she almost hit a deer flipping to the second part of Acts. Since then, she always pulls over or makes somebody else hold the wheel.

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by johndoug
XM has a few talk stations. If you have the I N T E R N E T you can click here or here for even more details.

Until I can get the Westwood I stuff (Stern/Don&Mike/Ron&Fez), I prolly won't be eager to get XM. Paying another monthly fee doesn't appeal to me. Especially when they started completely commercial-free but are backing away from that position. Soon, they'll have commercials on all channels, but we'll still have to pay $10 - $13/mo. :frown:

http

Originally posted by John Z
Until I can get the Westwood I stuff (Stern/Don&Mike/Ron&Fez), I prolly won't be eager to get XM. Paying another monthly fee doesn't appeal to me. Especially when they started completely commercial-free but are backing away from that position. Soon, they'll have commercials on all channels, but we'll still have to pay $10 - $13/mo. :frown:

Well that answers my question because Stern, Don and Ron n Fez is all I listen too.

somdrated

I heard there is a pager tower at that intersection right next to the trailerpark. I heard the FCC has fined them a few times and they just lower the power untill the FCC leaves. I would contact the FCC...:burning: