VENT: Customer Service Sucks These Days!!

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Ok, I really REALLY need to vent...

I am sooo Ticked Off at people these days who are involved in Customer Service related positions or worse yet.. those who own their own businesses and treat "new" customers like crap..

Scenario... 2 weeks ago called a Wedding Decorator 4x and left 3 messages, 1st one of Friday, went all the way to Tues (called 2x one day).. Finally got a return call on Thursday, to hem and haw that they didnt "know" if they could help me. I finally said, "you know what? nevermind"..

Saw an ad in the paper Enterprise on Wed for a handyman service. Called the guy on Wed he answered the phone, said he would come out and assess my situation and talk to me, but was in the middle of something and would call me back that evening. SATURDAY morning he finally calls..will come at 12noon.. No show, no call .. nothing..

Last one.. my cleaning service .. Do a great job! .. have had them for almost a year.. Just last week was the very first time they have actually showed up on time. Every time its been 1 - 2 hours late.. with excuses.. Finally hubby said something to them about being prompt. I hope they've got the hint..

Ok, now whats the deal with people? Is there THAT much business that people can act and do as they choose? I'm baffled. I would never and have never treated people like that. And I've been in customer service oriented jobs before.

Thank you for letting me vent..I'm done

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DawnK said:
Is there THAT much business that people can act and do as they choose?
No. What you're supposed to do is ditch the bad company and go with one that's more attentive to their customers' needs.

If the wedding director is that lazy before you even hire her, what do you suppose she's going to be like when you're stressed and under the gun putting the wedding together?

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Well it actually worked out better I didn't go with her. My sis-in-law-to-be found me someone she knows and will do a fantastic job. As for the handyman, well.. if he ever does call (LOL) I'll give him a good ole whatfor. The cleaning company is on notice...I've had it!

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
But you know its not even that.. It's everybody nowadays...It's the check out girl at the grocery store. They don't even bother to say hello or even eff you. They scan your stuff, bag it, total it out and hand you back your receipt. I started going to Giant. All of their staff is friendly.

DawnK said:
But you know its not even that.. It's everybody nowadays...It's the check out girl at the grocery store. They don't even bother to say hello or even eff you. They scan your stuff, bag it, total it out and hand you back your receipt. I started going to Giant. All of their staff is friendly.
With my first job, it was drilled into my head, the customer is ALWAYS right. WTH ever happened to that thought?

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Well it's not even about being right.. Its about being friendly. It's about being attentive to your business and getting your customer the best possible treatment so not only do they come back, they pass on the good word to others.

wineo

loving life
Most places are just glad someone shows up for work. But why bother if you can't answer a question or are just plain rude. Lord help you if they have to count change back and the computer dosen't do that for them. And no the customer is not always right, but you never say that, that is what the Manger is for, if there is one.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
If I could just shop on-line and not have to deal with the "I'm above the $6.50/hr I get on my paycheck" BS, I surely would.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
DawnK said:
It's definitely regional. I too was extremely frustrated with "customer service" when I lived in Maryland. I moved south last January and it's like night and day. People go out of their way to help. Almost every time I make a "big" trip to the grocery store, the bag boys take my cart out to the car. I don't ask, they just do it. :shrug: People are polite, friendly, and genuinely care for their customers. Everyone from my veterinarian (and staff) to the people at the post office are friendly. I'm not quite sure if it's the way people were raised here or what, but people are definitely much more pleasant.

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
It's definitely regional. I too was extremely frustrated with "customer service" when I lived in Maryland. I moved south last January and it's like night and day. People go out of their way to help. Almost every time I make a "big" trip to the grocery store, the bag boys take my cart out to the car. I don't ask, they just do it. :shrug: People are polite, friendly, and genuinely care for their customers. Everyone from my veterinarian (and staff) to the people at the post office are friendly. I'm not quite sure if it's the way people were raised here or what, but people are definitely much more pleasant.

:yeahthat: Every time I visit my family in W-S, I'm amazed at how friendly everyone is. It's almost freaky how chatty people are...if you're used to the rudness up here it might unnerve you at first.

DawnK said:

I shop at Giant and that has a lot to do with it. Safeway has started to get better at it though. I still prefer Giant.

Wal-Mart is another story. :duh:

limblips

PREMO Member
I had a great response from Sunbeam (Mr. Coffee). The grinding chamber on my coffee grinder had a piece wear out. I sent an email asking about where to get the part and the cost. I received a return email stating they had shipped the part at NO COST! Not even charged for shipping. This grinder was almost a year old. Not all companies have forgotten that we are the customer!

Nickel said:

But you live in the south. That makes a difference.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Thats good to know because last summer I was preg w/ twins. Went to Walmart to get an exersaucer or something that was really big and bulky. Checked out and asked for help loading it in my car, the chick looked at me like I had 3 heads. She said we dont have anyone to help you. I said are you kidding me? Then take this stuff (although I used a bad word) back and I want my $ back. She then looked at my belly and said, oh, well hold on a moment... UGH!

jrogers

DawnK said:
I started going to Giant. All of their staff is friendly.

:nono: Not all of their staff. I only go in the lines of the ones I know will atleast smile at ya.
Some of them are full of :drama:
I will choose a line with 10 people waiting with a cart full vs. the line with a few people waiting with hand baskets just to avoid the evil worker.
I know one that works there that needs a good ole' :smack: upside the back of her head. "she no like nice people"

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Well that settles it, I'm putting the house up for sale today.. It's off to the south for Good Customer Service.. Kids, jump into the double stroller, Mama's off in hot pursuit..

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
lulu belle said:
With my first job, it was drilled into my head, the customer is ALWAYS right. WTH ever happened to that thought?
That thought exists in the customer's mind only. Anyone who has ever held a job in a service industry - retail, restaurant, whatever - can tell you it's not true. Of course, even common sense should tell you that... no one is ALWAYS right, whatever the relationship.

I'd like to know, how many people think it's important to visit a store, for example, where...
a) the people are not really "friendly", but will help if asked, and the store itself is clean and stocked;
b) the people are great and happy, but the store rarely has what you seek and is regularly a mess?