Home appraisal

Christy

b*tch rocket
Does anyone know what home appraisers really look at when they are appraising the value of your home? Any suggestions on "quick tricks" to increase the value? I keep hearing different things, some say they do add value if the interior is decorated nicely, some say they don't. I'm just trying to figure out what I should be focusing my efforts on the next two days. Obviously cleaning, I imagine a shite hole wouldn't appraise well. :lol:

SxyPrincess

Don't tell me you're thinking about selling your home? :bawl: Wait...does this mean you're going to buy a BIGGER one...:cool: Maybe you'll have more couches and beds for us to crash on. :banana:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think that upgrades help. We had our house appraised 1 1/2 years ago to get a home equity loan. It appraised 30k over what we bought it for. I would like to get it done again because we have replaced all the windows and front door, installed central air and heat, new drain fields and then a new well last November. I'm sure that would bring up the value much more than the previous one. I think it cost about $200 or $300 to have it done. They also compared it with other homes in the area.
Hope that helps.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Don't tell me you're thinking about selling your home? :bawl: Wait...does this mean you're going to buy a BIGGER one...:cool: Maybe you'll have more couches and beds for us to crash on. :banana:

NO!!! My God! Like I need an even bigger house! :lol: We're just refinancing to a lower rate, so we can buy a chain link fence to put around the perimeter and a couple pink flamingos to accent the pool area. :wink:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
"quick tricks" to increase the value
Don't let the tax man find out. :wink:

Are you selling or just wanting an accurate appraisal?

Updated kitchens and bathrooms are nice, as well as landscaping, well trimmed and maintained yards, condition of roof and siding & windows, condition of heatpump, septic, etc.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey Christy, I bet if you took down the ugly wall paper in my bedroom and bathroom the price of the house would GO THROUGH THE ROOF! :biggrin: :lol:

SxyPrincess

Speaking of homes...if anyone comes across waterfront property for sale in the LaPlata; Bel Alton; Newburg..etc. area, please let me know. It MUST be in Charles County.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Sharon
Don't let the tax man find out. :wink:

Are you selling or just wanting an accurate appraisal?

Updated kitchens and bathrooms are nice, as well as landscaping, well trimmed and maintained yards, condition of roof and siding & windows, condition of heatpump, septic, etc.

Yeah well I'm used to being raped by the tax man, so it can't get anymore painful than it already is! :lol:

One thing I'm concerned with, is that we're in the process of upgrading Steve's bathroom, and it's currently a MESS! Same with the sitting area side of my bedroom.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Hey Christy, I bet if you took down the ugly wall paper in my bedroom and bathroom the price of the house would GO THROUGH THE ROOF! :biggrin: :lol:

But Zoe thinks it's BEAUTIFUL Wallpaper! :yikes:. Pink does clash a bit with your southwestern style bedroom. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Christy
But Zoe thinks it's BEAUTIFUL Wallpaper! :yikes:. Pink does clash a bit with your southwestern style bedroom. :lol:

I can deal with pink and I can even deal with flowers but THAT pink is repulsive at best. :barf:

And the bathroom..... Well it's just beyond words.... I'm sure one day one of is going to find the stash of acid (lsd) that the pervious owners forgot about. That's the only way to explain it. It must have looked cool while they were tripping.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Thanks Kwill! I never even thought of a swan planter!!! A few of those would be excellent intermingled with the flamingos! :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by pixiegirl
I can deal with pink and I can even deal with flowers but THAT pink is repulsive at best. :barf:

And the bathroom..... Well it's just beyond words.... I'm sure one day one of is going to find the stash of acid (lsd) that the pervious owners forgot about. That's the only way to explain it. It must have looked cool while they were tripping.

Hey, it was old people who lived here before, and they loved their floral wallpaper! And your bathroom is quite modern and stylish compared to what MY bathroom used to look like! :yikes: It had a chandalier and stick em square mirrors EVERYWHERE. I think they got their inspiration from Liberace.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cariblue
I have the fishy wind sock. It keeps the birds off the deck railing. I got tired of cleaning off bird poopie.

Wonder if one of those would work on my car. :lol: I'm tired of cleaning off bird crap right after every time I wash it. :burning:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Christy, they look at comparables in the neighborhood. Honestly, I think it's pretty much crap. We've refinanced many times to get lower interest rates, shorter terms. They will pretty much appraise at the amount the lenders are looking for (loan-to-value ratio) in order to approve the loan.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey, it was old people who lived here before, and they loved their floral wallpaper! And your bathroom is quite modern and stylish compared to what MY bathroom used to look like! :yikes: It had a chandalier and stick em square mirrors EVERYWHERE. I think they got their inspiration from Liberace.

Not stick em square mirrors... I am soooo jealous. :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Not sure if anyone noticed, but I did get rid of the "blue gazing ball" that was in the flower beds beside the driveway! :lol: I had to do it secretly (the kids loved that tacky piece of shite), and they noticed IMMEDIATELY!

I'm slowly but surely removing all the "tacky" that came with the house. :lol:

SxyPrincess

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I did get rid of the "blue gazing ball" that was in the flower beds beside the driveway! :lol:
I love those things...:biggrin: Does that make me a :loser: :confused: