Pediatrician in Charles County???

emma1606

Hi,

I'm expecting my first baby in July and am looking for good recommendations for a pediatrician in preferably La Plata or Waldorf or Charlotte Hall.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!!

I'd also like to know who to steer clear of!

Thanks again! :howdy:

barncat

Congrats on the baby!

I searched the threads last year before I had my baby and found previous threads that covers this subject. I chose the Miller Group, which has Dr. Miller and Dr. Reed. I have been very satisfied with them. They are located in Pembrook. My husband occassionally takes our daughter and he really likes Dr. Reed, he says he appreciates his friendliness and how he interacts with her, and that it's obvious he really enjoys children. Also, all of the nurses are friendly.

Good luck on having your baby and finding a pediatrician.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
emma1606 said:
Hi,

I'm expecting my first baby in July and am looking for good recommendations for a pediatrician in preferably La Plata or Waldorf or Charlotte Hall.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!!

I'd also like to know who to steer clear of!

Thanks again! :howdy:

I take my daughter to Dr.Jean Eisenbrey in Waldorf. She has been around for many years and took care of my stepson (14) and now my 2 year old. No complaints except for maybe the orange lipstick and fish lips gives me nightmares. Seriously , she is very attentive to my daughters needs and I never feel rushed when I see her and ask questions.

sccrmommy

Dr. Ogunrinde in Waldorf. I know it's hard to pronounce-but she's GREAT. She goes by "Dr. O". 301-374-2666 605 Post Office Rd,Waldorf, MD 20602. She has a PA with her named Tatia Ford and a Nurse Practitioner named Jamie Reidy-and they are all wonderful!

lil_daisy

congratulations!
Dr. Reed is a great person and doctor. He did the hospital discharge for both of my boys at Civista.

Stay as far away from Dr. Ila Shah in Charlotte Hall. No bedside manner, completely clueless to us and our son's special needs, never even picked up on it. We saw her for our oldest son as an infant. She rammed the tongue depresser down his throat when he wouldn't cooperate with her, I picked him up off her table and grabbed the infant carrier and told her she would never ever see us again. and she hasn't.

donbarzini

Qurious said:

They're bigger quacks than Donald 'effin Duck! When my 16yo daughter was in 3rd grade, took her there for abdominal pain/vomiting. Chhabra blamed a virus for vomiting, and dehydration for the pain. Vomiting stopped but 2 days later pain still existed. Took her back. Blamed it on an "electrolyte imbalance". Said to fill her full of Gatorade and check back "tomorrow". Checked back tomorrow, no improvement. Sent her for sonogram of upper left abdomen. Came back normal. Sait looked me square in the eye. "It's definitely NOT appendicitis.". Next morning took her to Children's ER. Doctor, who doesn't look old enough to drive, walks in. We describe symptoms. He says to my daughter, "Michelle, I'm gonna do something and when I do, I want you to take one finger and point to exactly where it hurts.". He stepped up to the table, bumped it lightly with his thighs and my daughter pointed to her lower abdomen. He said "It's appendicitis". It had burst and she ended up spending ten days in the hospital, and another week at home with a heparin lock for IV antibiotics.

Qurious

Im On 1.
donbarzini said:
They're bigger quacks than Donald 'effin Duck! When my 16yo daughter was in 3rd grade, took her there for abdominal pain/vomiting. Chhabra blamed a virus for vomiting, and dehydration for the pain. Vomiting stopped but 2 days later pain still existed. Took her back. Blamed it on an "electrolyte imbalance". Said to fill her full of Gatorade and check back "tomorrow". Checked back tomorrow, no improvement. Sent her for sonogram of upper left abdomen. Came back normal. Sait looked me square in the eye. "It's definitely NOT appendicitis.". Next morning took her to Children's ER. Doctor, who doesn't look old enough to drive, walks in. We describe symptoms. He says to my daughter, "Michelle, I'm gonna do something and when I do, I want you to take one finger and point to exactly where it hurts.". He stepped up to the table, bumped it lightly with his thighs and my daughter pointed to her lower abdomen. He said "It's appendicitis". It had burst and she ended up spending ten days in the hospital, and another week at home with a heparin lock for IV antibiotics.

Sorry that happened to your daughter......

rdkarob

donbarzini said:

WOW. I need to tell my wife to find another doctor, I think they are quacks too...who do you recommend in the LaPlata/Waldorf area?

Guesswho3256

Dr. Dublin in Waldorf. I think he's still in Pembrooke. He was at SOMD Hospital the day I was born (29 years ago) holding my mom's hand. The hospital staff thought he was her husband. Now he's my 1 yr old nephew's doc. And he will be my children's doc. One day:)

donbarzini

rdkarob said:
WOW. I need to tell my wife to find another doctor, I think they are quacks too...who do you recommend in the LaPlata/Waldorf area?

Dr Miller. I've been through Eisnbrey(not bad/just STRANGE), Chhabra/Sait, and Domson(retired, I think), and finally Miller. Nobody did it better.