contractor recommendations?

jp_flame

Hi all,

I'm a newbie with a quick question.

I'm in the process of choosing a general contractor to finish my townhouse basement in Crofton. And I thought this would be a great place to get a reference. Anybody here know of a reliable general contractor in southern maryland who's willing to do a job in Crofton?

And I know that this is a southern maryland forum and that Crofton is not exactly in southern maryland, but I think I qualify as a southern marylander seeing that I graduated from McDonough, graduated from St. Marys, and got married last summer at the JC's. We just moved up to Crofton, are brand new homeowners, and are a little wet behind the ears when it comes to the whole contractor thing. And all the horror stories we keep reading on the net are not helping our contractor self-esteem much. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

basementless in crofton

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hi JP! :howdy: Give a call to FirstCall Construction - they're one of our sponsors and they do nice work. Toll-free (866) 214-6083. He's located in Prince Frederick and I'll bet he'll come up there to you. If not, he can probably recommend someone.

RodRugg

I don't know much about contractors, but whatever you do, DO NOT call that guy in Pomonkey. You WILL regret it! Believe me! My grandma used him to put some extra walls in the bathroom so she could hang up some more towels and some pictures of vegetables she got at the swap meet. He totally destroyed that bathroom and we couldn't take a bath for 2 weeks. When he got finished, my grandma was so mad she shoved his head into the door frame and he had to get stitches. Anyways, one wall is totally crooked and leans over the bathtub. The other wall doesn't go all the way to the ceiling and is always trying to fall over. My grandma hates that bathroom now and only uses it when she has to.

jp_flame

Thanks for the advice mommy!! I'll definitely give FirstCall a call. : )

And mad props to you bluto!! :biggrin: I love the junkies and have been listening to them since I was in High School!!! I've been using this log-on for years and nobody has ever caught the reference. I'm a little partial to ck myself....but they're all radio gods in my book.....in addition to the actual "radio gods" (aka...d&m) of course.

Anyway....thanks for the responses. More suggestions are welcome of course. But I'll let everyone how it turns out.

Peace,

jp

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Hi JP! :howdy: Give a call to FirstCall Construction - they're one of our sponsors and they do nice work. Toll-free (866) 214-6083. He's located in Prince Frederick and I'll bet he'll come up there to you. If not, he can probably recommend someone.

:yeahthat: ex-neighbor and a good guy, will fix ya right up..