Did anybody watch the Today show this morning?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I watched it and got tears too....Brought my wife in and backed it up and made her cry too....I am cruel like that... :coffee:

mizteresa1965

When I saw the previews this morning, my husband was outside, and when he came back in I told him about it, and I started crying all over, and he started tearing up! Then when they showed the whole story, we both cried! And then laughed at each other, cause we realized that is was such a "Happy Cry"!!! It certainly tugs at your heartstrings!

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
:bawl: I'm sad that this boy had to miss his dad for so long and happy that daddy came home at the same time.

nomoney

way awesome that he surprised the kid in the class room, but also kind of bothers me that he wasn't allowed to see his daddy arrive home off the plane and that greeting his dad for the first time wasn't made a private family moment before visiting his class.

Am I wrong to have this though nagging me in the back of my head?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
nomoney said:
way awesome that he surprised the kid in the class room, but also kind of bothers me that he wasn't allowed to see his daddy arrive home off the plane and that greeting his dad for the first time wasn't made a private family moment before visiting his class.

No. But if he had just gotten home and they didn't know he was coming. Maybe they thought it was best that way.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
nomoney said:

I think Mom made the right decision with the classroom surprise - I'm sure in the back of her mind she knew she didn't want to say anything to the little guy until she saw the "whites of Dad's eyes" first.

nomoney said:

That's exactly what I did when hubby came home from a near 10 monther, the planes were all running late, so we didn't take the boy out of school and have him waiting around all day (1st grader then, oh that would've been a fun wait). We got to the school right about the time the kids were getting out, so son couldn't run across that parking lot soon enough. The teacher knew though, so she made sure he was the 1st kid out, and saw dad right away.
That boy probably didn't care he didn't get to see daddy get off the plane, all he cares is that dad is home!