My experience at the Waldorf movie theater tonight...

AndyMarquisLIVE

These kids in the back row of the theater kept laughing and yappin' away, and there was nothing funny about the movie.

So, then they decided to pull out a cell phone and converse through text messaging. I guess that's what was so funny. Someone asked them politely to quiet down because others were actually there to see the movie. They told her repeatedly, "Shut the **** up," and did so in a very loud tone of voice.

I would've loved to have put a sock in their mouths and beat the crap out of them. Absolutely ridiculous.

So, then the woman is sleeping with her husband because it's the last time she's going to... Sure enough, you can count on half the theater to start laughing because they're no older than 16 and clearly are not mature enough to see a sexually suggestive scene in a movie. Alot like their reactions when the half-naked woman enters the picture on BET or MTV.

I wish you're parents were there with you to have beaten your asses in that movie theater. :jet:

No excuse for this kind dof behavior. I spent $9.00 on a movie ticket to watch this - and this is what I paid for.

Richard Cranium

You could have walked out and demanded that management refund your money....save the ass-whoopin' for when I've had a bad day, I'll join you in culling the herd.

sockgirl77

9 friggen dollars? Damn. I'd wait a few months and spend $16.99 to have it on DVD. Watch it as many times as you want in comfort of your own home without the yapping teenagers. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I wish you're parents were there with you to have beaten your asses in that movie theater. :jet:
Yeeeaaah... and maybe these kids are this way because their parents did not spank them when they were around, eh?

Where else do you think these kids are going to hang out when they leave the mall? All they have to do is cross the freakin' parking lot.

If you hate the Waldorf theater so much you could always try this one. :biggrin:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
hvp05 said:
Yeeeaaah... and maybe these kids are this way because their parents did not spank them when they were around, eh?

:biggrin:
Perhaps the parents were glad to have them out of the house, thus tolerating their behavior long enough at home to get rid of them for a few hours :yay:

SMIB Sucks

What the?!?!?
What do you expect on a Saturday night in at the movies??? That's what teenagers do...What are you a friggin idjit? Do you want me to feel bad for you or something? get over yourself and stop wasing time posting about stupid #### like this. if you have a problem with this kind of stuff, so much so that you need to post about it, stay at home and watch a video.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Dont know whats worse the mall, the theater in waldorf, or the theater in lexington park. I havent gone to the theater in waldorf in about 2 years, and id rather go to the one in the park.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was a kid, the movie bouncer would walk the aisles and shush anyone who was disturbing other movie-goers. If you still couldn't quiet down, they'd toss you out.

Why don't they do this anymore?

I haven't gone to a movie house in years for this very reason - I don't want to deal with other people and their rude bullcrap.

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
When I was a kid, the movie bouncer would walk the aisles and shush anyone who was disturbing other movie-goers. If you still couldn't quiet down, they'd toss you out.

I haven't gone to a movie house in years for this very reason - I don't want to deal with other people and their rude bullcrap.
Back then if you mouthed off they could whack you in the grape with their flashlight if you mouthed off and not have to worry about the ACLU, assault charges, law suits and untold hell.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat: Plus, there is no "II" Pause button to hit for when I need a potty break or a drink refill :rolleyes:

Nupe2

vraiblonde said:

Well Vrai....we're getting old. Here's the deal:

1. That was then. This is now.

2. Nobody wants to die trying to quiet down these thugmites!

3. Same here. I guess that's the justification from dropping cash on DVDs and Direct TV. Peace and quiet aren't free. :shrug:

Anyway....Happy Sunday! :howdy:

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:

3. Same here. I guess that's the justification from dropping cash on DVDs and Direct TV. Peace and quiet aren't free. :shrug:

And thus we withdraw further into our cocoons exacerbating the problem of anti social behavior because some people suck.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Nupe2 said:

I can't begin to tell you how many movies I've rewatched, in the comfort of my own home (this week alone), without worrying about the drive, the $$ (two tickets are more than another DVD), what I'm sitting on and what I'm leaving in the car.

And so on and so on... The only movie I've seen in years - YEARS- in the theater was Eight Below (go figure) and that was in No. VA.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I can't imagine how much it would suck to lead a life with nothing better to do than complain all day. :bubble:

At any rate, when I lived in La Plata, we very rarely went to the Waldorf theater, because we knew what we'd be in for. :shrug: We usually planned in advance and made a day trip to either DC or Pentagon City, and caught the movie at the AMC at Hoffman Center in Alexandria. Never felt the need to complain. :shrug:

This is like going to Food Lion and complaining that they don't have a Starbucks. You know what's going to happen when you go to the theater in Waldorf.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Because...

vraiblonde said:

...it's a private business catering to it's clientele. They do not want the business of people who don't like this.

Now, just to have some fun, wouldn't it be nice to see the anti smoking crowd come storming to their representatives demanding legislation and ordinance that movie theatres MUST eliminate that type of environment?

J

juggy4805

How many this sucks threads are we gonna have? Some people may need to consider relocating. :whistle:

J

juggy4805

Nickel said:
I can't imagine how much it would suck to lead a life with nothing better to do than complain all day. :bubble:

At any rate, when I lived in La Plata, we very rarely went to the Waldorf theater, because we knew what we'd be in for. :shrug: We usually planned in advance and made a day trip to either DC or Pentagon City, and caught the movie at the AMC at Hoffman Center in Alexandria. Never felt the need to complain. :shrug:

This is like going to Food Lion and complaining that they don't have a Starbucks. You know what's going to happen when you go to the theater in Waldorf.

Especially going to the theater a night.