Your best April Fools story

I

Inkpen

OK..Here it is..the day of all days to get that planning put into action..
Other than the salt/sugar switch, the short sheeted bed, misc, items int he bed, fake plastic vomit or poop...what is your favorite April Fools gag?

What was the beat/worse one played on you that you will never forget?

What was the best one you pulled on someone else?

Let's hear the stories.... :killingme

S

StrwberryKisses

When I was living at home with my parents, My little brother thought it would be funny to get me good for april fools day. So when i came in from work he made me so mad that i just went to my room and slammed the door. At the time I had no idea he had turned my door knob around and locked me in my room. I could have killed him. But I was too busy laughing so hard at being predictable. I felt like the fool that April 1st. :killingme :killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
A few years ago I got my brother pretty good. He was really into skateboarding...spent all his free time at the skate park or at his friend's house (his dad built a halfpipe in their backyard). He was pretty good too. So I called his voicemail and left him a message (disguised my voice obviously) saying I was a rep from (insert skateboarding company name here, I can't remember which) and we were shooting a promotional video in the area, had seen him, and wanted to feature him. Left a phone number and everything (some pizza joint). My mom was with him when he checked his messages (I'd told her about it in advance) and could hardly keep a straight face while he called all his friends and told them. :roflmao: Obviously I came clean and he turned it around and told the friends that was his April Fools joke on them. :lol:

ocean733

Even though I'm pretty gullible and usually don't even know that it's April 1st, no one has ever gotten me good.

Someone else HAD to have seen this one: I think that they even showed the video on the Today show a while ago with the college buddies that set up their friend. They Tivo'd the lottery pick from a previous drawing & gave him the ticket with the numbers that would be picked. They video taped him jumping around like an idiot thinking that he won.:lmao:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I think my kids forgot that it's April Fools Day and I'm not reminding them. :lol:

MoochCat

Mooch Cat
How about he time my owner took away my nice, recently killed real mouse and gave me a stupid one filled with cat nip? Nice buzz..but not as nice as mouse brains...MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :jameo: some joke..and it was Christmas...not even close to April Fools..so today, I left a fresh "present" on his bed..heheh Dont Mess with the Cat!!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
We used to have a pitt bull, Pork Chop. When we first got him I, believing all the bad stuff I'd heard about pitts, didn't trust him 100%.

I was doing breakfast dishes when I hear the girls SCREAMING bloody murder from the backyard. I drop everything and run out the backdoor only to see the dog on top of the 2 youngest and they are all 3 covered with what looks like blood. I think the dog is attacking them, burst into tears and take off running towards them, screaming and crying, "Oh god, oh god, I knew it!!!".

Before I get to them, The King steps out from behind the shed swinging a bottle of ketchup.

:ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MysticalMom said:
We used to have a pitt bull, Pork Chop. When we first got him I, believing all the bad stuff I'd heard about pitts, didn't trust him 100%.

I was doing breakfast dishes when I hear the girls SCREAMING bloody murder from the backyard. I drop everything and run out the backdoor only to see the dog on top of the 2 youngest and they are all 3 covered with what looks like blood. I think the dog is attacking them, burst into tears and take off running towards them, screaming and crying, "Oh god, oh god, I knew it!!!".

Before I get to them, The King steps out from behind the shed swinging a bottle of ketchup.

I would have punched him right in the face. :roflmao:

Cowgirl

MysticalMom said:

That is so horrible...I would've been pissed!!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Nickel said:
I would have punched him right in the face. :roflmao:

Trust me. He's VERY lucky he's faster than I am.:lol:

Cowgirl said:
That is so horrible...I would've been pissed!!

I was. For awhile. I have been trying to get him back for years. One of these days I'll think of something to top it.

Cowgirl

MysticalMom said:
I was. For awhile. I have been trying to get him back for years. One of these days I'll think of something to top it.

My mom put vinegar in my dad's iced tea once....I'm talking about a good amount of vinegar. He took a huge gulp. I swear his face turned green. He said for the next 5 years anytime he smelled vinegar he thought he was going to puke. :lol: You could try that!

My mom got me good one year, I dont remember if it was Aprils Fools though.

This was in like 6th grade and I had to go back to school after hours to get a book I had left behind and usually the doors would be open. Well the doors were locked and after trying all of them got back into moms car and went home. I get a call the next day from someone saying they were a police officer and that there was a break in at the school and my finger prints were all over. He said I needed to come into for questioning and all that. I called my mom after I got off the phone with him, pretty shook up. Turns out the cop was a guy she worked with.

But I got her back even better....

Not the best prank, but I let my kids have cake for dinner tonight. Really, it was meatloaf "cake" with mashed potato "icing". I even put some crushed nuts (smashed french fried onions) on top.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The Swiss spaghetti harvest

In 1957, a BBC television show announced that thanks to a mild winter and the virtual elimination of the spaghetti weevil, Swiss farmers were enjoying a bumper spaghetti crop. Footage of Swiss farmers pulling strands of spaghetti from trees prompted a barrage of calls from people wanting to know how to grow their own spaghetti at home.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
thakidistight said:
My mom got me good one year, I dont remember if it was Aprils Fools though.

This was in like 6th grade and I had to go back to school after hours to get a book I had left behind and usually the doors would be open. Well the doors were locked and after trying all of them got back into moms car and went home. I get a call the next day from someone saying they were a police officer and that there was a break in at the school and my finger prints were all over. He said I needed to come into for questioning and all that. I called my mom after I got off the phone with him, pretty shook up. Turns out the cop was a guy she worked with.

But I got her back even better....
Oh, no, you started that by saying that you had gone to the bathroom, #2, and it overflowed and the dog had walked through it and there was poop all over the carpet. I said I'd be right home and you said you were kidding. ONLY THEN, did Sargeant Strawberry, aka Jay, call you about the break-in at the school. You were so pissed you didn't talk to me for days. I felt horrible :lmao: And it was April Fools day and I believe my co-workers talked you into the prank. It just backfired. I still feel bad for doing that to you. :huggy: Never, ever mess with the Queen.

Last edited:

Sadysue

My mom got me good in the fourth grade. At that time, our report cards were mailed home. It was the end of the school year and I seen her reading my last report card of the year. I asked her what my grades were. I had been having some trouble in math, with a new teacher, and was really worried. She looked at me and said, "Not only did you not pass, you were demoted to the second grade."

I was devastated!!!!!!! I remember running outside and crying while playing in dirt, thinking I might as well act like a stupid baby if I was going to be put in the second grade again.

After about an hour she came and told me the truth, that I had passed and was going to the fifth grade next year. Talk about ruining a fourth grader's life. Haha!

April Fool

My sister's birthday is 4/3 and she had received her first real pet, a guinea pig about a week before. Poor thing died within a few days and she was heartbroken. She put it into a shoebox and our three darling :sarcasm: brothers offered to bury it for her in the backyard while we watched from the kitchen window. Imagine our horror when they started SMASHING THE BOX TO BITS WITH THE SHOVEL! :barf: (they had switched the litttle guy into a different box)
It's been 35 years and it's funny now, but if it's possible to startle a 10 yr. old in to having a heart attack, that would be it.
We still talk about it.
I think my sister had therapy for it . :jameo:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
My daughter got me! I went to the kitchen sink this morning and saw a note in the bottom of the sink that said "April Fools." I didn't understand what the joke was til I turned on the faucet. She wrapped a rubber band around the sprayer nozzle on the side of th sink, which of course was pointed directly torward me. I was soaked. She's definitely a chip off the old block. I'm just mad that i didn't think of it first.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Dork said:
My daughter got me! I went to the kitchen sink this morning and saw a note in the bottom of the sink that said "April Fools." I didn't understand what the joke was til I turned on the faucet. She wrapped a rubber band around the sprayer nozzle on the side of th sink, which of course was pointed directly torward me. I was soaked. She's definitely a chip off the old block. I'm just mad that i didn't think of it first.
My husband did that to me last year. It was not so funny.