Hay bales per ton?

DQ2B

Anyone know approx. how many hay bales are in a ton? I know there's a lot of room here for numbers but if you have a range or general estimate let me know. I'm trying to figure how many I can fit into a specific area of my barn to maximum capacity.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
DQ2B said:
Anyone know approx. how many hay bales are in a ton? I know there's a lot of room here for numbers but if you have a range or general estimate let me know. I'm trying to figure how many I can fit into a specific area of my barn to maximum capacity.
Wouldn't it depend on the bale?

I don't mean to be silly, but when we baled hay, we could decide the size of the bale (length) and how densley packed the bale was. It was more for making them easier to manhandle, but I've seen normal 'square' bales up to 5 or 6 feet long and longer, and I've also tried to pick up 'normal' sized bales that I couldn't budge.

Then you get to go into the round bales.. TONS per bale.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
DQ2B said:

33 60lb bales = ton
40 50lb bales = ton
50 40lb bales = ton

ton = 2000 lbs.