Toby Steam Machine

johnjrval424

I'm not sure if I got the exact spelling right (it was 3:30 am and I was having a really bad case of insomnia) but I saw this on an infomercial not too long ago. Does anyone have this machine and, if so, do you like it? I remember the concept of it being that you could steam basically anything including your blouses, pants, etc.

I don't believe 95% of these infomercials but this one did look like it might have merit. I was also going to email "Let Liz Buy It" on Channel 4 and see if she has tried it out.

Any info is helpful. I think they wanted $100 or so for it. If it will do what it says, it might be worth it.

Thanks! :howdy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think it was $120.

Tobi. There was a web site on the infomercial, but I can't remember what it was.

I haven't compared prices yet, but I've been meaning to look into a steamer.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I haven't used this particular steamer, but I've used another brand. Couldn't tell you the brand, it belongs to a friend. Hers is awesome, too. I think she got it at Costco.

johnjrval424

Charles said:
Does this thing do the job of an iron?

Yes, but does so with steam as opposed to setting up the ironing board, using the iron, etc. You hang your clothes on a hanger and use the steam wand to steam out the wrinkles.

It's supposed to be easier on your clothes and much quicker. That's what I want to know - does the steam trick actually work?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
johnjrval424 said:
Yes, but does so with steam as opposed to setting up the ironing board, using the iron, etc. You hang your clothes on a hanger and use the steam wand to steam out the wrinkles.

It's supposed to be easier on your clothes and much quicker. That's what I want to know - does the steam trick actually work?
Steaming does work, my stepmother steams all her clothes, rather than ironing. As far as that steamer working well enough to justify the cost, who knows. :shrug: