Hula's

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Has anyone been there yet? What kind of food do they serve?
It is in the old China Harbor location on Solomons. Obviously, 77 Charles Street didn't make it a second year.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Damn - I never even got to try 77 Charles Street.

I think if you plan to open a restaurant on Solomon's, you have to be either damned good, or have some other reason for only being open for dinnertime.

I'll have to check out the new place - thanks for the heads up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Welcome! We went once, food was good but you had to order everything a la carte. Side dishes (vegie & starch) were about $5.00 a piece so it got to be a bit expensive.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
RE: I never even got to try 77 Charles Street

77 was expen$ive! You didn't miss much the entree$ were overpriced too.

pilot

Originally posted by RoseRed
Welcome! We went once, food was good but you had to order everything a la carte. Side dishes (vegie & starch) were about $5.00 a piece so it got to be a bit expensive.

RoseRed:

I'm assuming that you're talking about 77Charles, not the newer place. We went to 77Charles and had a BAD experience. First of all, the waitress kept trying to push stuff on us. When I'm trying to have a relaxing meal, the last thing in the world I need is a sales pitch! But to add insult to injury the food was TERRIBLE. I was wondering how they even managed to stay in business. As it happened, this was a weekend and there were only about two other people in the entire restaurant.

BTW, I understand that 77Charles was managed by the same people who owned China Harbor.

I can't wait to see what the new place will be like. Hopefully, it's been taken over by entirely new management and that this isn't just another gimmick.

Sorry, but my experience there was really, really bad. I always get some utility out of trying a new restaurant, even if it's not great, but this was one of those times when I really wished that we hadn't gone even once.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pilot
RoseRed:
I'm assuming that you're talking about 77Charles, not the newer place.

Yes, that's the place a referenced in my first post. I heard from other people that they weren't very impressed by it either, but it makes no difference now since they are closed. That says it all.

I hope the new place is good and am willing to give any new place a chance, but bad food/service is not a good thing.

Have you tried the Next Door Lounge behind CD Cafe? Good food there, which is no surprise. :smile:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by RoseRed
Have you tried the Next Door Lounge behind CD Cafe? Good food there, which is no surprise. :smile:

Went there during Taste of Solomon's. Good food, pleasant ambience.