From the St. Mary's Sheriff's Office...

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Don't know how legit this is, but got this message this morning. Thought I'd pass it on JIC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEONARDTOWN --- St. Mary's Sheriff's Deputy Mike Gardiner
reports "It has come to the attention of the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office that an unknown male is telephoning citizens claiming to be a Deputy Sheriff," said Cpl. Michael Gardiner. " This unidentified person is soliciting information about children in the household regarding a child "Identikit" service. The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office iterates that there is no such program within the agency and urges anyone contacted by this unknown
person to report this incident to the Sheriff's Office immediately."

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by ememdee19

" This unidentified person is soliciting information about children in the household regarding a child "Identikit" service. The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office iterates that there is no such program within the agency and urges anyone contacted by this unknown person to report this incident to the Sheriff's Office immediately."
My daughter had something like this at her school a few weeks ago. You could order "kits" for a small fee. Also, they had the same thing one weekend at one of the car dealerships in Waldorf. Is it just St. Mary's that isn't doing this? :confused:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Yeap. My neices got one done about 6mths ago.. they were having a child-awareness fair.. and they got them done. I have 2 that I keep with me at all times. (especially when I have them of course)

But..I think it is awesome.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Re: Re: From the St. Mary's Sheriff's Office...

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
My daughter had something like this at her school a few weeks ago. You could order "kits" for a small fee. Also, they had the same thing one weekend at one of the car dealerships in Waldorf. Is it just St. Mary's that isn't doing this? :confused:

St. Mary's does this a lot. Often at fairs and similar events where families gather. I think what the article means it that no one is making phone calls to solicit information.