Nursing Bras, Other Supplies-Where to get?

Ange1icflowers

So where can I get nursing bras and things like Lansinoh?

I tried Babies-R-Us in Waldorf, and no dice. I can't do much travelling right now as I'm recovering from a C-Section (Performed Thursday April 5) but I NEED to get a nursing bra so that I can nurse at the NICU in Children's Hospital. Underwires just aren't working.

And Lord KNOWS with all the pumping I NEED the Lansinoh cream (anyone who's breastfed a child knows what it is-Miracle Cream for moms!)

Also, if anyone has advice to help with the Section Recovery, I'm open to suggestions! Oy VEY!!!!! And my legs and feet keep swelling too! (THAT they didn't warn me about. Pain they did. Swelling, nope)

Thanks

Renae

(Oh and for all who want to know, Caleb Michael is his name. He was born at 32 weeks 5 days Gestation. Born at St. Mary's HOspital, via Emergency C-Section (due to "footling breech position after my water broke) on April 5. He was 5lbs 6oz and was 17 3/4" long. He's doing well in the NICU in DC.)

princess73

just one of those days...
Ange1icflowers said:

I tried Babies-R-Us in Waldorf, and no dice. I can't do much travelling right now as I'm recovering from a C-Section (Performed Thursday April 5) but I NEED to get a nursing bra so that I can nurse at the NICU in Children's Hospital. Underwires just aren't working.

And Lord KNOWS with all the pumping I NEED the Lansinoh cream (anyone who's breastfed a child knows what it is-Miracle Cream for moms!)

Also, if anyone has advice to help with the Section Recovery, I'm open to suggestions! Oy VEY!!!!! And my legs and feet keep swelling too! (THAT they didn't warn me about. Pain they did. Swelling, nope)

Thanks

Renae

(Oh and for all who want to know, Caleb Michael is his name. He was born at 32 weeks 5 days Gestation. Born at St. Mary's HOspital, via Emergency C-Section (due to "footling breech position after my water broke) on April 5. He was 5lbs 6oz and was 17 3/4" long. He's doing well in the NICU in DC.)

:thewave: Congrats on the new baby.
I would go to Penneys for the bras. And Walmart and Safeway usually carry the cream in the baby formula area of the store. And for the swelling try soaking your legs in the tub. That is how I got mine to go down. Is this your first baby? Babies R Us is so much more expensive than anywhere else. I learned that really quick. Good luck and I hope he comes home soon!

SoMDMama82

I had a baby via C-Section on Dec 11th. I had the major swelling afterwards also. My slippers even left indents in my feet, forget tennishoes! But I think mine had a lot to do with the fact I wouldn't sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time!

I actually ordered my nursing bras online at Target.com. I knew they carried them in the Waldorf Target, but couldn't find the right size for me that had underwire. They had plenty of the none underwire ones.

I never had to buy the cream, St. Mary's Hospital gave me a tube (I'm sure they added it to my bill) and I only breastfed for about a month (I just wasn't producing enough for her)

Well congratulations on the baby! Hope he comes home really soon!

sockgirl77

Target has great nursing bras and all supplies. Now, if you can get to the mall, I'd suggest Motherhood Maternity. They have a bigger selection and someone to fit you. :yay:

mamissa3

Ange1icflowers said:

Thanks

Renae

I get nursing bras at walmart. They have no underwire and have a slightly padded strap. They are made by Bestfor. The cream at walmart to. Also the Nursing Consultants at St marys hospital may be able to help with the cream. They sell supplies to. Congrats on baby:)

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Actually I think you will recover faster than you think. Just take it easy for a few weeks No bending No lifting.

And if you are at the NICU breast feeding screw everyone that has a problem. Front Hook bras are your friend. If you are embarrassed then go with the blanket but screw everyone else. 5lbs 6oz sounds healthy enough how long do they plan to keep Caleb?

That has sure gotta be the hardest part of the whole thing have to be seperated for a nursing mother:jameo:

SoMDGirl42

I got my nursing bras from Target. They have some that don't have underwire, but I preferred the underwire ones. They also sell the cream.

CakeLady

Nurturing Necessities is part of Calvert Memorial Hospital. I think they moved into the hospital itself now. They used to be up past the hospital on the left where Dr. Silpa's office is (across from Bowen's Florist I think). I'm pretty sure I heard they moved into the hospital as it is run by the nurses from the hospital. They have all kinds of bras, supplies, and even breast pumps and rental equipment. Good luck!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
sockgirl77 said:
Target has great nursing bras and all supplies. Now, if you can get to the mall, I'd suggest Motherhood Maternity. They have a bigger selection and someone to fit you. :yay:

:yeahthat: Motherhood has what you need. Fair warning: Prices are high. When psycho went preggo, don't ask what I spent (didn't have a lot of choice)... At any rate, the cute blonde chick working there is really nice and very helpful.

Wish I had an excuse to make the trek and see if she's single.

dovemamax2

TARGET, TARGET, TARGET....I got the cream and the Lansinoh nursing pads at Target....they carry pretty much all of the Lansinoh products......when breastfeeding you can't live without the cream!

Coventry17

Ok, so my question is, do any of the nursing mothers have some to spare? I prefer it straight from the tap, but we can make other arrangements if you're shy.....

Is Breast Milk the Next Diet Fad?

According to an article in the Japanese publication Asashi Geino, translated by the Mainichi Daily News, a recent study found lactoferrin, a protein found in body fluids may cut visceral fat by as much as 40 percent. While lactoferrin is found in many body fluids, including mucus and tears, it is found in significant levels in breast milk.

Geek

Dougstermd said:
Actually I think you will recover faster than you think. Just take it easy for a few weeks No bending No lifting.

And if you are at the NICU breast feeding screw everyone that has a problem. Front Hook bras are your friend. If you are embarrassed then go with the blanket but screw everyone else. 5lbs 6oz sounds healthy enough how long do they plan to keep Caleb?

That has sure gotta be the hardest part of the whole thing have to be seperated for a nursing mother:jameo:

:eyebrow:

mindy

congrats!! (not sure about the st marys part though...ugh, lol)

but anyway targets clean got NONE of the bras/tanks etc, but a nice selection of care products like lansinoh and medela and some gerber pads/lanolin/gel soothers/etc

walmarts gort some great nursing bras. some have this nifty gel stuff in the straps, theyre really comfy :)

theres also a motehrhood matenity store in the mall in waldorf.

congrats again, and what a blessing for you both for him to be getting his mommy milk when he needs it most!! whohoo! :D

CakeLady said:
Nurturing Necessities is part of Calvert Memorial Hospital. I think they moved into the hospital itself now. They used to be up past the hospital on the left where Dr. Silpa's office is (across from Bowen's Florist I think). I'm pretty sure I heard they moved into the hospital as it is run by the nurses from the hospital. They have all kinds of bras, supplies, and even breast pumps and rental equipment. Good luck!

They were my saviour after both my boys!! :thewave: I love, love, LOVE them. They are still located in the building by Dr. Silpa's office, though they have become an extension of Calvert Hospital.