My visit to Lusby

dn0121

Well last night I arrived a bit after 9pm. After a 10 min wait for the rental car bus at BWI, we took a what seemed to be a 15 mile trek to get the car. BWI was nothing great. Too small to be a nice airport, too big to be a nice small airport. Maybe when I spend more time there tomorrow it will be better.

Getting down to Lusby was fairly easy. It was nice, reminded me of Northern Ohio. It was dark and rainy, but it looks like a nice place to live. One thing that was nice to see was 7/11s. It has been a long time since I have had a brain freeze and it was just what I needed. Finding the Holiday Inn was a pain in the A$$. I guess there is some kind of code against signs taller then me.

Holiday Inn is not good, but not horrible either. Stuck in a smoking room with no TV remote. Couldn't move to another room because they were sold out. Could happen anywhere. Free breakfast is nothing but a few pastries, 2 kinds of fruit, cereal, and yogurt. I guess they don't like having the nice cinnamon rolls like the rest of the Holiday Inns.

Work is in a great location and then we went out to Solomons Island. Nice place, found a B&B to stay at next time that is just a bit more then the Holiday Inn. Then found Stoney's, so we will be going there tonight since I heard they have the best crab cakes. I'll have my review later.

Had lunch at 5 brothers or something like that. Awesome burger and fries!! Kills any other fast food burger I have had. This was over the bridge, not sure where but it was one of the L citys in St Marys.

Went looked at houses in CRE. Nothing exciting, some were really bad, some just bad, and one was nice but the yard wasn't. One was nice but here is a tip to anyone selling. Clean your house if you know were coming to look at it. Now I understand if your surprised and not expecting it, but the rest there is no excuse. Who is going to buy it?

Well off to dinner now. Tomorrow back over the bridge to look for temporary housing and real housing. Nice area in Southern Maryland. I can tell its going to be nice living here.

Ponytail

The clean house things was a shock to me too when I moved here. Not a single house was even close to what I would consider showable. It was ridicuous. And I think I wound up buying the trashiest of them all. It looks MUCH better now though. :yay:

Oh yea, Stoneys Rocks! Enjoy!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
The clean house things was a shock to me too when I moved here. Not a single house was even close to what I would consider showable. It was ridicuous. And I think I wound up buying the trashiest of them all. It looks MUCH better now though. :yay:

You still have that cool Tire-Garden and the Lawn Jockey though, right?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ponytail said:
:yay: And they've multiplied!
:offtopic: but as I sat here waiting to leave for practice, I somehow managed to wrap the computer cords around my cleats and pulled myself out of my chair. :roflmao: - for real....soooo is karate gonna help with that?

slaphappynmd

Ponytail said:

The house we bought was great. The woman took great care of it, when she was there. The carpet was still the original color. Didn't smoke or have pets. It was like moving into a brand new house at a really great price. It's hit or miss in the ranch club.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
dn0121 said:
Then found Stoney's, so we will be going there tonight since I heard they have the best crab cakes. I'll have my review later.

My daughter and I were there this evening too! I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Good luck with your house hunting trip. :yay:

F

Fat Momma

dn0121 said:
Well last night I arrived a bit after 9pm. After a 10 min wait for the rental car bus at BWI, we took a what seemed to be a 15 mile trek to get the car. BWI was nothing great. Too small to be a nice airport, too big to be a nice small airport. Maybe when I spend more time there tomorrow it will be better.

Getting down to Lusby was fairly easy. It was nice, reminded me of Northern Ohio. It was dark and rainy, but it looks like a nice place to live. One thing that was nice to see was 7/11s. It has been a long time since I have had a brain freeze and it was just what I needed. Finding the Holiday Inn was a pain in the A$$. I guess there is some kind of code against signs taller then me.

Holiday Inn is not good, but not horrible either. Stuck in a smoking room with no TV remote. Couldn't move to another room because they were sold out. Could happen anywhere. Free breakfast is nothing but a few pastries, 2 kinds of fruit, cereal, and yogurt. I guess they don't like having the nice cinnamon rolls like the rest of the Holiday Inns.

Work is in a great location and then we went out to Solomons Island. Nice place, found a B&B to stay at next time that is just a bit more then the Holiday Inn. Then found Stoney's, so we will be going there tonight since I heard they have the best crab cakes. I'll have my review later.

Had lunch at 5 brothers or something like that. Awesome burger and fries!! Kills any other fast food burger I have had. This was over the bridge, not sure where but it was one of the L citys in St Marys.

Went looked at houses in CRE. Nothing exciting, some were really bad, some just bad, and one was nice but the yard wasn't. One was nice but here is a tip to anyone selling. Clean your house if you know were coming to look at it. Now I understand if your surprised and not expecting it, but the rest there is no excuse. Who is going to buy it?

Well off to dinner now. Tomorrow back over the bridge to look for temporary housing and real housing. Nice area in Southern Maryland. I can tell its going to be nice living here.

Well next time call and I will make sure everything is cleaned up and ready for you. Wecome to Southern Maryland.

Angel

~*~*~
migtig said:
:offtopic: but as I sat here waiting to leave for practice, I somehow managed to wrap the computer cords around my cleats and pulled myself out of my chair. :roflmao: - for real....soooo is karate gonna help with that?
:lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
dn0121 said:
Stoney's was great! Never had a better crab cake. Now off to explore St Marys.
Were you and SO sitting side by side, backs to the french doors with your faces buried in the real estate magazine?

Angel

~*~*~
Good Luck! :yay: St. Marys and Calvert are both beautiful places to live, so I cannot imagine you could go wrong with either county. There are of course certain areas that you might want to steer clear of, but that is the norm no matter where you move to. You may want to make traffic your only other deciding factor with regards to your location to and from work. Anyway Good Luck with your hunt and an early welcome to the neighborhood. :smile:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
dn0121 said:
No I was there with my boss. My SO is back in Houston missing me :O)
The Town Creek area is nice. Older homes, but established and lots of trees, not like the new areas they are putting in. Lots are 1/2 acre to an acre in most parts.