day 2 (2).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 191
  • day 2 (3).jpg
    day 2 (3).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 158

Elle

Happy Camper!
PrepH4U said:
Where did you get them? I have been looking for a couple of little peeps?
What kind are they?
They are for a 4-H project. I have no idea what type they are other than broilers (so in other words dinner is all I know about them)

Cowgirl

Elle said:
They are for a 4-H project. I have no idea what type they are other than broilers (so in other words dinner is all I know about them)

I raised broilers for a few years when I was in 4-H.....they were somewhat annoying to raise, but man, they were sooooo tasty! :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cowgirl said:
I raised broilers for a few years when I was in 4-H.....they were somewhat annoying to raise, but man, they were sooooo tasty!
I'm not sure if I could eat something I had raised from infancy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
vraiblonde said:

I was in 4-H. The first year we were on our farm, before I was even in 4-H, my dad got my brother and I a black angus market steer. We named it "Anggy". (OK, I was like 10). My brother and I raised it, knowing it was going to eventually go to market. Well, it went away and one night we were eating steak for dinner. What a treat.

Halfway through dinner, my dad says "Doesn't Anggy taste good?" My brother and I thought we were going to :barf:. After the initial shock wore off, we were pretty dang proud of what we raised. :lmao:

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:

Trust me...once the cuteness wears off (after about a week/week and a half), they get annoying. They crap everywhere, they grow so fast that sometimes their legs can't keep up...so they fall down and can't move, and they are not very bright. They get annoying.

I also have raised my own lamb and beef for the freezer. They were yummy too! The only thing I was sad about selling (when I was in 4-H) was a goat. I cried and cried when I sold him.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Cowgirl said:
Trust me...once the cuteness wears off (after about a week/week and a half), they get annoying. They crap everywhere, they grow so fast that sometimes their legs can't keep up...so they fall down and can't move, and they are not very bright. They get annoying.

I also have raised my own lamb and beef for the freezer. They were yummy too! The only thing I was sad about selling (when I was in 4-H) was a goat. I cried and cried when I sold him.

I had a steer when I was 17. He was the most evil, cantankerous SOB. You know how you kinda hang out in the stalls after the sale and "say goodbye" to them? I was telling my dad I wanted to go to Calvert Meats and pull the freaking trigger myself. :lmao:

Cowgirl

nachomama said:
I had a steer when I was 17. He was the most evil, cantankerous SOB. You know how you kinda hang out in the stalls after the sale and "say goodbye" to them? I was telling my dad I wanted to go to Calvert Meats and pull the freaking trigger myself. :lmao:

:lol: Yes, I've been there too.....

Cowgirl

Nacho, check your karma. I forgot to sign it...not that it'd be hard to figure out where it came from. :lol: