BeaverDam Pet Food

Wisecrackin"

I used their hi pro for a litter of pups one time..did great...they had nice firm stools and gained weight on it very well..

Ponytail

Wisecrackin" said:
I used their hi pro for a litter of pups one time..did great...they had nice firm stools and gained weight on it very well..

Cool...another local user. Good news! thanks!

BlackSheep

Sounds GREAT to me!

Quality Ingredients
What we Don't use:

We do not use Poultry By-Products. By-products are not meat, they are the leftovers: guts, organs, feet, feathers.

We do not use Soybean meal. Soybean meal is used to increase protein content and bulk in pet food. It is very difficult to digest and assimilate, especially in dogs who lack proper needed amino acids. It is known to cause gas buildup in the digestive tract and has been linked to bloat, a major killer of dogs today.

We do not use rendered meat products which can and does include pets put to death by euthanasia.

What we Do use:
Quality meat products
Chicken, Fish and Pork (pork is a hypoallergenic ingredient) which are all USDA inspected

Pesticide free grains
All the grain used in our products are grown by area farmers and are free of pesticides from planting to harvest time

Naturally Preserved
All the formulas are preserved with mixed tocopherols, citric acid and rosemary extract

Chicory/Inulin
A Digestive aid

Yucca-Schidigera
Neutralizes ammonia in urine and feces
*Thus lessening the smell by up to 64 %
Aids in preventing arthritis
(According to test conducted by pet veterinarian magazine.)

Ponytail

RoseRed said:
I thought that Sam found a new home? Did she come back to live with you?

Well, the kids decided that "owning" a dog isn't all it's cracked up to be, and have cast her aside. :lol: She's still living at the g'friends house, but when you see the reaction I get from Sam when I walk in the door, it's pretty obvious who's dog she is. :biggrin:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It has corn in it. :ohwell: And they're FOS about corn being easily digestable. Corn is the #1 culpret when it comes to most dogs with food intollerances/allergies.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
pixiegirl said:
It has corn in it. :ohwell: And they're FOS about corn being easily digestable. Corn is the #1 culpret when it comes to most dogs with food intollerances/allergies.
I would think corn would be a little better than contaminated wheat gluten..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
itsbob said:
I would think corn would be a little better than contaminated wheat gluten..

I don't buy my petfood from the grocery store so that's not really a concern of mine...

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:

Yea but the corn is easily removed from their turds, and can be re-fed to them, further saving you money!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ponytail said:
Yea but the corn is easily removed from their turds, and can be re-fed to them, further saving you money!

:faint: Are you volunteering to come scoop the poop out of my yard or something? :lmao:

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
:faint: Are you volunteering to come scoop the poop out of my yard or something? :lmao:

Nope. Another idea is to just leave in there, and have your own crop of corn for next year!

Also, you are mistaken about corn. there are differences in the TYPE of corn fillers and corn based ingredients used in dog foods,

GROUND CORN, used in BeaverDam Pet foods, is not harmful, not even as an allergenic to most dogs.

http://www.beowulfs.com/magazine/corn.htm