Advice for multivitamin or supplement for older men

SamSpade

Been noticing more than average fatigue and brain fog, and it occurred to me I might not be getting what I need.

Suggestions for things that WORKED for you?

SamSpade

Do you take statins?
I take two medications, but until you asked, it had never occurred to me to find out. No, they aren't. Evidently they do HAVE side effects, but what I read is that they're rare.

My boss takes "Ensure" - I think. I *must* take B12 because of my surgeries.

Besides that, I probably should take - something. I just don't feel up to snuff most days. Some days I feel great - but easily half the time I am lethargic and achey, although I still have to do what I do every day.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I take two medications, but until you asked, it had never occurred to me to find out. No, they aren't. Evidently they do HAVE side effects, but what I read is that they're rare.

My boss takes "Ensure" - I think. I *must* take B12 because of my surgeries.

Besides that, I probably should take - something. I just don't feel up to snuff most days. Some days I feel great - but easily half the time I am lethargic and achey, although I still have to do what I do every day.
I ran into fatigue issues after a couple years on the statins.

A coQ10 suppliment, Vit D and Vit B complex resolved the issue.

Might be worth a try.

SamSpade

I ran into fatigue issues after a couple years on the statins.

A coQ10 suppliment, Vit D and Vit B complex resolved the issue.

Might be worth a try.
Years ago my doc did recommend Vit D, which I tended to blow off, because an hour or more in the sun and you should be good.

But maybe not now.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Years ago my doc did recommend Vit D, which I tended to blow off, because an hour or more in the sun and you should be good.

But maybe not now.
I'm female and a few years your junior, but I've been on a Rx for vitamin D now for a year. My mom's on it too and a few friends. After seeing several new doctors for other reasons this winter and having to list that as medication I'm taking, all of them have claimed vitamin D is great and everyone should take it :sshrug:

I also take fish oil (they make better quality ones that don't give the fishy taste), vitamin C, B12 and B6...and a couple others. When I accidentally skip my vitamins routine in the a.m. I can definitely feel the difference by lunch time.

SamSpade

Yeah found out my wife takes all of that - so I probably should. I've gotten better at my regular meds - I just - hate having to take them.

And I suppose something in me said, Sam, you want Vitamin D, go for a damned walk in the sun.
But I think I actually HAVE a big bottle somewhere.

I've seen some of these commercials for Balance of Nature - but they're expensive - and Relief Factor - but it's just basically a pain killer.

Thinking I'll do vitamins first.