Bellowing Senior Cat

homedepot20

Hi .Have a 14 yr Male cat that just recently took to Howling , Bellowing ,VERY VERY LOUD . Will have this issue Any time , & lasts for 5 minutes or less if Told to STOP ( Maybe ) . Vet said Cat is probably seeking Attention & feels ignored. Anyone have this happen more .
I think Cat is " Possessed " by a spirit. Starts behavior when in vincity of wall clock that belonged to Wife Deceased mother , WHOM also slept in room before death . Wife's brother died unexpectedly months before MOM and at times during howling I can hear the word MA .He used that term to address Mother .

terbear1225

Hi .Have a 14 yr Male cat that just recently took to Howling , Bellowing ,VERY VERY LOUD . Will have this issue Any time , & lasts for 5 minutes or less if Told to STOP ( Maybe ) . Vet said Cat is probably seeking Attention & feels ignored. Anyone have this happen more .
I think Cat is " Possessed " by a spirit. Starts behavior when in vincity of wall clock that belonged to Wife Deceased mother , WHOM also slept in room before death . Wife's brother died unexpectedly months before MOM and at times during howling I can hear the word MA .He used that term to address Mother .
we have a senior female that has started doing that too, our working theory is that she has lost her hearing so both does not know where we are in the house and does not have a sense of just how freaking loud she has become.

homedepot20

we have a senior female that has started doing that too, our working theory is that she has lost her hearing so both does not know where we are in the house and does not have a sense of just how freaking loud she has become.
Havent notice any hearing issues .Will have to test that theory

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cant leave plastic grocery bags on Floor because he will Pee on it .🤔
Is he drinking a lot more? I pretty much self diagnosed my boy and the vet agreed. I pulled the kitchen rug up, bathroom rug stays hanging over the tub because he's peed on all of those. He actually hopped out of the tub onto the rug while I was drying off and peed 3" from my foot. He's also been peeing in the cats beds. They are now in the dryer and won't be placed back on the floor. His litter box is checked several times a day. It's really sad. I feel for you. :huggy:

He's peed on the tarps my drywall guy had left on the floor and fireplace tiles. He's blocked from there and my bedroom.

homedepot20

Is he drinking a lot more? I pretty much self diagnosed my boy and the vet agreed. I pulled the kitchen rug up, bathroom rug stays hanging over the tub because he's peed on all of those. He actually hopped out of the tub onto the rug while I was drying off and peed 3" from my foot. He's also been peeing in the cats beds. They are now in the dryer and won't be placed back on the floor. His litter box is checked several times a day. It's really sad. I feel for you. :huggy:

He's peed on the tarps my drywall guy had left on the floor and fireplace tiles. He's blocked from there and my bedroom.
Havent notice NO increase in water Intake.I use clumping litter & clumps are pretty big . I have 2 cats ,same age , from same litter so hard to tell who is doing what

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Havent notice NO increase in water Intake.I use clumping litter & clumps are pretty big . I have 2 cats ,same age , from same litter so hard to tell who is doing what
I didn't notice it at first. I use the Breeze system that has pellets instead of litter. I also have two. Changed the pad once a week. Now every two days.

I have had his mother and him since his birth. She was a rescue and pregnant. She has been super needy with me. HAS to be on me until I kick her off.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Might want to have him checked for a urinary tract infection. Male cats are more susceptible to getting crystals in their urinary tract too and it's painful. Also possible it is signs of kidney disease.

Last edited: