Bill Maher slams Dems going after Trump in legal cases

BOP

‘They blew it at every turn’

On Friday, Comedian Bill Maher called out the Democrats and prosecutors who are going after former President Donald Trump and said they "blew it at every turn."

On his HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher, the comedian said, "The Democrats have had four years to put Trump on trial and it is all just going away."

Maher first pointed to the former president's motion to disqualify Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Wills for misconduct. He said, "They’re gonna take up Trump’s argument about Fani Willis. You know, she’s the prosecutor: she’s having an affair with the guy she hired. I mean, it’s not relevant to the case, but they left an opening. And now that one’s gonna be delayed.”

"The stolen documents one," he continued, referring to the case where the FBI allegedly found classified documents at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, "That’s never gonna happen because that’s a Trumpy judge down there."

"So it's Stormy or bust," Maher said, referring to New York District Attorney Alvin Braggs's case against the former president that he had his attorney pay money to adult film star Stormy Daniels before the 2016 election.

Using a clip from his interview with Daniels in 2018, Maher went on to show why she is "a bad witness." During the 2018 interview, Maher asked why she slept with Trump, to which Daniels said, "I have no idea. It is not a me-too case. I wasn't assaulted. I wasn't attacked or raped, or coerced or blackmailed."

"That's not what she's saying now," Maher noted. He read some of what Daniels has said recently and claimed that it is "all the me-too buzzwords."
Former President Trump's legal team attempted to have the judge declare a mistrial in DA Bragg's case against him after they said Daniels's testimony was "extremely prejudicial" against him.

Trump's attorney, Todd Blanche, claimed that the testimony that Daniels gave had "nothing to do with this case and is extremely prejudicial" and was meant to embarrass Trump and "inflame the Jury."

Points for the "Stormy or bust" quote, negative points for the "Trump judge" remark. Even Maher ought to know by now that that's almost the only way Trump will get a fair shake, even if they indicted him for having sex with squirrels in Central Park.

Also see: https://thepostmillennial.com/they-...r-slams-dems-going-after-trump-in-legal-cases