Box Turtles

emschick

I'm Allergic to cats and some dogs too. I only keep my puppy becuase of the creation of zyrtec. When I was younger I had a Hairless Guinea Pig. He was very cute and only had a small patch of hair on his nose. You may want to look into these. They are not that expensive and like to play.

candyjax84

Temperamental Artist
Along with the hairless cat, there is also a hairless dog, called a Chinese Crested :D They look like a little dog version of a horse :lol: My mom wants one.
*edit* hairless, meaning "furless and without dander" which is what people are really allergic too. They do have the mane and tail, but are basically hypo-allergenic (sp?) pets.

Attachments

• CC2.jpg
    CC2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 179
D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
You're not supposed to lick them :razz:

Apsy, You are the only one I see with their tongue out :shrug:

:lol:

Elle, box turtles are ok pets, kind of boring... I've had a few - my father was into turtles and had a collection of 50 turtles/lizards at one time so me having one or two wasn't an odd thing. Eitherway, they are not very affectionate, and I find the males a little more friendlier and aloof than the females. I just fed them bread, lettuce and tomatoe, they are messy animals though and if you kept it in a box, you would need a new box at least once a week.

I too an allergic to dander and if you are considering a cat, I would recommend the long hair over a hairless cat. It's my understanding that dander comes from the skin.... I have both long and short hair animals and have the most flare up on the short haired animal. Who would have thought it?? But the only thing I can think of is the long hair traps the dander in better than a short hair :shrug: