Cursive Writing

OccamsRazor

At least NCLB educated the kids enough to pass the tests. Since that was obviously racist they changed to just pass the kids without requiring them to do anything at all.
I have heard 3 teachers at 2 different levels of schooling tell me this EXACT thing. They issue the work. Kids just tell them "Nope, I'm not gonna do it." Teachers have no alternative other than send them to the next grade.
Total shame....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have heard 3 teachers at 2 different levels of schooling tell me this EXACT thing. They issue the work. Kids just tell them "Nope, I'm not gonna do it." Teachers have no alternative other than send them to the next grade.
Total shame....

Sounds like inept government employees.

mitzi

My son graduated Chopicon in 99, they didn't teach him cursive at Lettie Dent. His mother taught him at home.
Strange, I wonder when this started. My daughter graduated from Chopticon in 96 and went to Lettie Dent. She was taught cursive. My son graduated in 2004, went to Dent and Oakville. He was taught cursive.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Got a couple of practice hand writing books, you know the one, two solid lines with a dashed line in between.

It's on, boyos!!!

dave20

I haven't read all of the responses on this topic but I think learning to write in cursive is very important. It's almost a form of art when done well.
In some ways I think it has assisted me in research that I have done reading old documents that have many spellings and variations of words from the old english versions. Time spent teaching cursive to me is more important than some of the other useless crap that's getting forced down these kids throats.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Cursive 101 has begun!

For a 12 yr old boy, he came along with little fussing. I promised him 15 minutes and set the stove timer. We finished up a couple minutes early, so he was really excited that I let him stop.

Now he's drawing, his favorite thing to do in the whole world. Whenever he's not allowed electronics.

jrt_ms1995

Cursive 101 has begun!

For a 12 yr old boy, he came along with little fussing. I promised him 15 minutes and set the stove timer. We finished up a couple minutes early, so he was really excited that I let him stop.

Now he's drawing, his favorite thing to do in the whole world. Whenever he's not allowed electronics.
Teach him to draw electronics! I'm sure St.GeorgeIslander can help.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_5845.jpeg