Damn, dude

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I think some of you have been to the Dragon Boat Festival in the Beach. We have (or had, I'm no longer involved) issues with bicyclists every single year.

The whole length of Bay Ave. running along the beach is closed, with barricades and staff present, from 1st to 7th Streets as well as the feeders (2nd, 3rd and 5th) from Chesapeake and every year we had some touring group of about fifty decide to ride down Bay that had about 3 or 4 thousand people milling around.

It finally stopped one year when one of the Deputies on duty was "directed" to make a stop and deploy cuffs for a little while.
That's worked ever since, they go down Chesapeake disrupting car traffic instead.

They piss me off as much as the people who insist bringing their untrained dogs to events.

DannyMotorcycle

I have friends that have the expensive bikes and gear but I don't know that they ride in the bad places to ride.. I understand you have the right to use the road, but just because you have the right, doesn't mean there isn't a better option, safer option. These idiots are always on route 229 when the indian head trail is right there for bicyclist to use.. if you're just doing it for fun and exercise why is it worth risking your life on the street when you could ride on the trail and not risk being hit by cars.. because you're stupid. That's why. At least pick streets that have a shoulder to ride on. I ride my bike on indian head trail when I want to ride. I can see if you don't have a car and need to bicycle to work.. but to risk your life for fun/exercise is just stupid. Ride on the shoulder of 228 or something, that's safer than 229 with no shoulders. how stupid can you be.. did i mention you're stupid?

Kinnakeet

I have friends that have the expensive bikes and gear but I don't know that they ride in the bad places to ride.. I understand you have the right to use the road, but just because you have the right, doesn't mean there isn't a better option, safer option. These idiots are always on route 229 when the indian head trail is right there for bicyclist to use.. if you're just doing it for fun and exercise why is it worth risking your life on the street when you could ride on the trail and not risk being hit by cars.. because you're stupid. That's why. At least pick streets that have a shoulder to ride on. I ride my bike on indian head trail when I want to ride. I can see if you don't have a car and need to bicycle to work.. but to risk your life for fun/exercise is just stupid. Ride on the shoulder of 228 or something, that's safer than 229 with no shoulders. how stupid can you be.. did i mention you're stupid?
Negros on them bikes trying to piss off whitey