Did a minor repair on my Marlin..,

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Camp Carbine 45.

Replaced the buffer and recoil spring with a blackjack buffer and 21# Wolff spring.

I think the previous recoil buffer was completely used up.

IMG_4153-a.JPG
IMG_4152-a.JPG

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Those look like a handy little rifle. Never seen one before had to look it up.
They were built back in the 80s and 90s. I bought one as a companion to a third GEN Smith when I was in my 20s. Love that little 9 mm. So much fun to shoot.

I recently picked up the 45 ACP version. That’s the one I had to do the repair on.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When I worked at KMart in the early 90's, bought both the 45 and 9.
The 9's bolt won't open now, suspect spring needs replacing.
They were a bargain back then at $249-$279.

Now they sell on Gunbroker for upwards of a thousand dollars at times.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Got the Camp 9 apart, recoil buffer has crumbled. Have a replacement in the tool kit.
Will look at the Camp 45, too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nice. I had to go search GunBroker for one...yep..pricey.
I'm assembling an AR for the missus that shoots 9mm Luger. Then I'm going to build me one that shoots the .45 ACP round.
Basic light carbine essentially, that shoots same round as the pistols we carry.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm assembling an AR for the missus that shoots 9mm Luger. Then I'm going to build me one that shoots the .45 ACP round.
Basic light carbine essentially, that shoots same round as the pistols we carry.
If only there weren't a .50 limit before the destructive device clause.

An AR shooting 450.ACP would be funner.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If only there weren't a .50 limit before the destructive device clause.
I had just ordered a .50 BMG upper from SHTF when they received the direction from BATF that their AR upper was reclassified to be a "firearm" and no longer just a gun part. They ceased production for a while and I never bothered to check back since I wasn't that interested if FFLs had to be involved.

Pricey too:
https://safetyharborfirearms.com/shtf-50-magazine-fed-upper/

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Tis why I bought the Camp Carbines back when. The .45 uses 1911 mags, the 9 uses S&W Model 59 ones.