Fire and brimstone...

seekeroftruth

Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
8 A second angel followed and said, “‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great,’ which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.”
9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.”
“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”
Here's the link to the commentary that I use.

Some today like to identify their ministry or technology with this angel flying in the midst of heaven. One prominent television ministry named the satellite they use “Angel One” in a hoped-for fulfillment of this verse. The desire to connect contemporary technology or events with this angel is nothing new. Adam Clarke, writing from the late 18th century says, “But the vision seems truly descriptive of a late institution, entitled The British and Foreign Bible Society, whose object it is to print and circulate the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, through all the habitable world, and in all the languages spoken on the face of the earth.”​
John Trapp, writing in the late 17th century, saw a fulfillment of his own: “This is held to be John Wicliff, who wrote more than two hundred volumes against the pope, and was a means of much good to many.”​

Babylon is fallen: More on Babylon will come in Revelation 17. For now, it is enough to see it representing mankind in organized rebellion against God.​

“Prophetically, ‘Babylon’ sometimes refers to a literal city, sometimes to a religious system, sometimes to a political system, all stemming from the evil character of historic Babylon.” (Walvoord)​

Because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication: When we are told that Babylon has led all nations into fornication, the main idea is spiritual fornication — the worship of other gods. However, we are never surprised to see spiritual fornication accompanied with literal immorality.​
If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand: This reminds us that there is a connection between worshipping the beast and his image and receiving his mark on his forehead or on his hand. No one will casually or accidentally take the mark. The connection between worshipping the beast and taking the mark will be clear enough.​
Here is the patience of the saints… Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on… that they may rest from their labors: We see the strong contrast between the rest of the saints and the continual torment of the wicked (Revelation 14:11). The rest comes through patient endurance and faithfulness to God and His Word (here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus).​
The first thing I thought... when I read the verses for today.... was "line in the sand".

There are three angels. That reminds me of three witnesses in the Bible. Three witnesses are required to assure the right judgement has been made.

Those three angels are witness to Jesus pulling Himself into the Saddle... and they would hear the order given to the 144,000 fine young troop to "Mount Up".

Three witnesses said "time has come.... those nasty humans who have been thumbing their noses at us, have had plenty of time to come to their senses".

Yesterday I went to the doctor. They gave me a cognitive test. I had to remember three words and when asked... I had to recite them back to them. The three words were "daughter, heaven, and mountain". I remembered the words daughter and mountain.... no problem... I just visualized my oldest daughter and a mountain when I heard those words... but I could not recall the word "heaven". I said "faith". The tech smiled at my error. I can't get it off my mind. I guess I was supposed to remember it for this posting.

Isn't it ironic... I almost failed the cognitive test by forgetting "heaven" and inserting "faith". Now that's how you ruin a perfectly good witness!!!! IMHO.

I passed the cognitive test. I guess that's something... even though I substituted "faith" for "Heaven". I'm so embarrassed!

So now... according to Wikipedia.... "Angel One" is a satellite that orbits the earth... to bring Kenneth Copeland and other "religious leaders" to everyone. Let's not be too upset over Copeland's lavish lifestyle... Copeland brought us the ability to stay home on Sunday. That's something... right?

Jesus and His troops have mounted up. Three angels bare witness to this event. And now.... according to the angels... Babylon has fallen... the jig is up... put down your excuses... this round of ignorance is over.... Jesus and His troops are saddled up and, on the way, get your act together or face the "fire and brimstone" no one wants to talk about.

Choose now... or enjoy eternal "fire and brimstone".

Fire and brimstone!

:coffee: