Greetings from Delray Beach, FL!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I did a solo road trip this week to fish. I fished the canal system along I75(Alligator Alley), Lake Osborne & Lake Ida.

I caught a bunch of peacock bass, largemouth bass, Mayan cichlids, a tilapia, a bluegill and a clown knifefish. I wanted to catch my first ever clownfish. The best part was I caught it while we were fishing for the peacock bass. Otherwise we were going to go to a different spot on the lake and fish a different technique.

I'm learning that I'm no longer built for fishing the entire day. Now I'm good for around 5 hours. I remember when I'd sit in my boat all day in St. Mary's lake fishing 8 - 10 hours. And the 9 hour ride to get there is right at my daily driving limit. No more double digit driving days for me. :(

Clown knifefish are only found in 2 lakes in America. I fished both of them this trip. On the 1 lake I spent about an hour fishing for them with no success. Then the next day, I got lucky and got 1 under someone's dock while peacock bass fishing. Even if I didn't catch a clownfish, the day spent targeting peacocks was a blast. They are hard fighting fish. I'm addicted to trying to catch them. Too bad it's such a long drive to get to where they live.

123_1(2).jpg

peacock edit.jpg

fish edit.jpg

DSCF0539crop.JPG

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Invasive species protocols, like snakeheads?
Harvest is encouraged for all the invasives except the peacock bass. They control all the other invasive species. They are the 'good' immigrant. Peacock bass limit is 2 a day with only 1 over 17 inches. Most what I catch are under 16 1/2 inches long. A 19 inch fish is estimated to weigh 5 pounds. I've caught a bunch of 3 pounders and they fight ferociously, I would love to tie into a 5 pounder.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of the last pictures ever taken of me and my RB kitty Buddy was me picking crab meat and feeding it to him while he sat in the chair next to me. I offered him a sip of my beer but he didn't want it. I guess he didn't like Busch.
Miss Phoenix likes to lick the opening of my beer bottles. I poured a little out for her one evening, turned her nose up. She seems to like the maltier beer residue.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Miss Phoenix likes to like the opening of my beer bottles. I poured a little out for her one evening, turned her nose up. She seems to like the maltier beer residue.
I bet it's the yeast smell. Back in the early 80's my boy Boots was bonkers for something called brewers yeast. The vet gave it to him for a UTI iirc. He could only have two tabs a day max but just opening the pantry door brought him bolting into the kitchen. Watching him try to stop on the linoleum floor was hysterical!!!
in trouble cat GIF

The Cat-Tona 500. Go Boots, Go!!!:yahoo: