All of the halos have disappeared
Gone is that rainbow I've been cursing at
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
I gotta undergo that sometime in the near future..:(

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I gotta undergo that sometime in the near future..:(
Have to admit, I was nervous as hell about the whole thing. When I arrived my BP was sky high. We were all que'd up like an assembly line, one after the other. He does like 20 of these a day, actual procedure only takes 15 minutes start to finish. Worst part was when the laser machine puts a "restrainer" over the eye to prevent it from moving during the laser portion, and the incredibly bright lights, but more than tolerable.

My cataract was tough and not easily removed, there was a bit of trauma to the cornea, so I didn't have clear sight immediately, had to use a different regiment of steroids following. A week later, all cleared up, and it's nice to be able to see distance clearly again. And now I realize how bad the other eye is, so that's in the future as well.

Bonehead

Sneakers which Doc did you use ? I am a little cloudy in one eye myself. I will need to wait until my wife's shoulder repair is healed before I do anything.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Sneakers which Doc did you use ? I am a little cloudy in one eye myself. I will need to wait until my wife's shoulder repair is healed before I do anything.
You have to start with a regular eye exam and get a referral to a surgeon's office. I got an exam at Pearl Vision in California with Dr. Christine McKimmie. Once the local doc evaluates and confirms the diagnosis, you get a referral to a surgeon. Not many choices down here, many opt for Dr. Whitten in Charlotte Hall. I opted for the group Dr. Whitten uses, Chesapeake Eye Care in Annapolis. I wound up with Dr. Luke Wang.

Be aware there is a very long wait to see any of these doctors. A couple of months to get to see anyone at Pearl, and another 2-3 months to see anyone in Chesapeake. Once you see the surgeon in Chesapeake, it goes fast, a week or two to surgery. Plan your timing around that.

I had my first local appt back in the end of November last year, didn't see the surgeon until middle of April this year.

glhs837

Power with Control
Only one eye was bad enough two years back, waiting for the other eye to go so I can ditch glasses. Mine was done here in St Marys by the group near the SS office in Charlotte Hall. Not Whitten, theres another place a little bit down.