I've Never Hung Up on Tech Support Before

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
But I did just now. Piss me off.

SMS (texting) stopped working on my phone. Everything else is fine, just text messages. Call support (StraightTalk). Automated agent says it fixed a problem, restart. Ok, didn't fix the issue, call back and talk to a real person. Partway thru the call, get disconnected. Call again. Tells me they found a discrepancy, wait 2 minutes for a download fix, restart. Ok, didn't fix the issue, call again. Real person, download fix, restart. Ok, didn't fix the issue, call again. Tell the "tech" about last calls, that restarting did not fix the issue. "Do you have another phone to call us on so we can troubleshoot without getting disconnected?" "no." "Ok, wait 2 minutes, restart" "But I've done that 4 times already, it didn't work." "Do you have another phone to call us on so we can troubleshoot without getting disconnected?" "no." "Ok, wait 2 minutes and restart." "But I've done that 4 times already, it didn't work." "Do you have another phone to call us on so we can troubleshoot without getting disconnected?"

arrrrgggggg....... index.jpg

To make it even more frustrating, while I'm on the call with support, I get a text message. From StraightTalk. Telling me my account needs to be renewed and expires today. I just got a text 2 days ago saying I was paid up until next month. But the link in the text looks very suspicious..... I suspect my SMS has been hijacked somehow. Told that to the "tech". Pretty much ignored that because there was no entry in their script.

So, no text messages until I can "borrow" a phone.

And yes.... very heavy Indian accents. Could hardly understand them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Oh yeah.... at one point the "tech" asks me to confirm I'm not in airplane mode. Well DUH!!!!! If I was, I couldn't be taking to you now, would I??