Joann Fabric

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wow, we almost ended up there Friday. I have these old dining chairs from the early 60's and I wanted to reupholster them in new fresh fabric. I have also been cleaning closets and downsizing. I had to drop off several bags of clothes and household items to the thrift store that day and after doing our drop off, we decided to look around. I couldn't believe I found 4 custom pillow covers, made with a high quality fabric there being sold for practically nothing. It was the exact color we were looking for, so we decided to go ahead and buy them. Yes, I ripped them up to make it work, but they turned out looking fantastic. They were 35x35 custom pillow covers.

It made me wonder, who does this? Buys such expensive custom made pillow covers, barely use them, if they used them at all and donate them? It did save us the trip elsewhere looking for fabric.

Last edited:

1stGenSMIB

I have several yards of marine vinyl I bought from them not too long ago for my boat. I am trying to keep them in business when I can. When our friends see the sewing machine in the house they assume it is my wife's, but I am the husband that actually knows how to do industrial sewing. I am even the husband that sews the buttons back on her blouse. I hope they stay open...I always check them out before Hobby Lobby. The last time I went to HL for fabric or piping, they were a total failure unless you like NFL teams for your next blanket.:(

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have several yards of marine vinyl I bought from them not too long ago for my boat. I am trying to keep them in business when I can. When our friends see the sewing machine in the house they assume it is my wife's, but I am the husband that actually knows how to do industrial sewing. I am even the husband that sews the buttons back on her blouse. I hope they stay open...I always check them out before Hobby Lobby. The last time I went to HL for fabric or piping, they were a total failure unless you like NFL teams for your next blanket.:(
I learned to sew on the old Singer treadle machine my grandparents had in their shoe shop. Learned leather repair early in life.

woogie

A quick Google search shows that JoAnn Fabrics has been having
financial problems for a while now and is apparently filing for
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

Sad. They always have a great selection of sewing and fabric supplies
such as foams for cushions, canvas for coverings and heavy threads
that aren't available from The Mart of Wal or other discount places.

JoAnn Fabric's website is still up and offering their usual merchandise
and discounts and no mention of CH 11 or anything like that. They
are always offering discount coupons and punchcards for regular
customers.

Maybe some of you have talked to the store staff for better information?

PJay

No!

Screenshot_20240314-234729.png