Key Bridge Collapse In Baltimore

glhs837

Power with Control
:nono:

You should NOT be traveling out of your 15 minute city bubble, make a zoom call

Well, those things I go to to perform acceptance inspections on that weigh 310lbs dont lend themselves to zoom calls :) I suppose the workers could hold a camera while I direct them, but then there are the bolts that I check for torque and the stitching and lacing for tension. And the hand written paperwork I inspect for legibility. They could hold that up to the camera :)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Federal criminal investigation opened into Key Bridge crash

Summary

The FBI has opened a criminal investigation focusing on the massive container ship that brought down the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore last month — a probe that will look at least in part at whether the crew left the port knowing the vessel had serious systems problems, according to two U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI agents board Dali cargo ship at Baltimore bridge collapse site to grill the crew on what they knew when it set sail - as the city sues Singapore-based owner

Agents will investigate whether the 22-strong crew of the Dali knew it had serious systemic issues before they left the Maryland port on March 26.

Some were seen arriving at the ship today to speak to the crew, who remain onboard.

Meanwhile Baltimore's mayor said the city is bringing in outside firms to 'hold responsible all entities accountable for the Key Bridge tragedy'.

He has hired two law firms to sue Grace Ocean Private, the Singapore-based company that owns the ship.

Sigh ... Really the FBI and Lawsuits ?

herb749

Federal criminal investigation opened into Key Bridge crash

Summary

The FBI has opened a criminal investigation focusing on the massive container ship that brought down the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore last month — a probe that will look at least in part at whether the crew left the port knowing the vessel had serious systems problems, according to two U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Doesn't the port supply a harbor pilot to get the ship from dock into the channel .? Did that pilot realize the issues.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 It used to take about six months for conspiracy theories to become conspiracy facts, but the cycle time seems to be shortening up. You may recall that, after the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed following a container ship’s unexplained power loss, some people suspected there might be more to the story than just a coincidental accident.

image 9.png

But corporate media laughed like hyenas at all the silly conspiracy theories.

For instance, MSNBC prominently ran an op-ed titled, “The MAGA world's bridge conspiracies highlight an incredibly dark reality. Somehow that wasn’t perfectly clear, the article somehow conflated questioning the cause of the container ship’s loss of power with MAGA politics. I don’t really understand the author’s reasoning (I blame the public school system), but this is how he explained it:

For most Americans it was a breathtaking disaster and human tragedy. But far-right conspiracy theorists saw it as an opportunity. In a rapid flood of social media posts, politicians and “pundits” insisted that the disaster could not have simply been an accident.

“Far-right” conspiracy theorists. They’re probably Ukrainian Nazis. Or robots. Or both — far-right robot Nazis! But I digress.

Guess what happened next? Yesterday, mere weeks after the collapse, The Washington Post ran a curious story headlined, Federal criminal investigation opened into Key Bridge crash. The FBI is now investigating the “simple accident.”

image 10.png

The FBI, of course, is not saying anything about the pending criminal investigation. But that didn’t stop the Washington Post from quoting several ‘experts’ opining that it doesn’t mean anything serious, the FBI is probably just looking into some paperwork problem, or a minor failure to comply with port regulations, or some transgression of admiralty law, or — and I am not making this up — vessels being “unseaworthy.”

I never realized seaworthiness was within the FBI’s salty jurisdiction. You learn something new every day. Now I know who to call when the rental boat’s ice chest is empty.

The fact is, nobody knows what the FBI is up to, since the feds aren’t talking. But if it were “simply an accident,” there would be nothing to criminally investigate. Therefore, the investigation, just by existing, confirms the suspicions of the conspiracy theorists who thought there must be more to the story. It also, once again, revealed the useless corporate media as obsequious government puppies who enjoy being humiliated.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not buying that this is confirmation of anything. Game it out for Team Joe.

A) You don't involve the FBI, and it turns out there was criminality of some kind. Falsifying records, bribes to inspectors, 200 sex slaves in the bilges, whatever. You somehow manage to look even more incompetent than you already were, which is a record of some kind.

B) You get the Feebs in the front door early. If there was criminal crap, you look like your on top of it. If there isn't, your Feebs have had a few nice dinners in Baltimore and get to tell some sea stories.

There is literally no downside to sending them out. Except of course the fringe right who hates your guts anyway brays about their theories being confirmed.

Again, if this was an attack, it was a pretty crappy one. You would better served by sending 20 gunmen into random malls to walk through firing at people as they go, into a car on the far side and away they go. Just don't do it in places like Texas and FL. Or blow up a bunch of random substations. Maybe dynamite a dam or two. Taking down one bridge, no matter which one, that's not really moving the needle societally, security-wise, or politically.

herb749

A harbor Pilot takes a ship in and out of Baltimore harbor. Are they investigating their screw up. If the ship was having electrical issues from the beginning should the Pilot have stopped it from leaving.

herb749

Was this another local screw up like the 695 accident in the medium .?

Took them some time to investigate that the construction crew messed up by not blocking the entrance. Not to let the wreck less speeders off the hook but the state is going to be sued for their part and deeper pockets.

Hijinx

We know there were at least two Americans on board. The Harbor pilots.
Knowing the FBI if anyone gets blamed it will be the two Americans