Man Flu

PeoplesElbow

I’ve had kidney stones and it was horrible. I think my pain tolerance is high but not high enough for kidney stones. Interesting that she felt that was worse than childbirth
I had one, I saw colors and thought hours had passed, but the clock told me it had been 10 minutes. Interesting thing was that I was the same age as my mom when she had hers.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I dislocated my elbow a few years back.

That was the worst pain I've ever had.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I’ve had kidney stones and it was horrible. I think my pain tolerance is high but not high enough for kidney stones. Interesting that she felt that was worse than childbirth

I've known a couple of guys who were down with kidney stones and they looked like death warmed over. Clearly in pain. And to them I said, "Give birth and get back to me...."

Imagine shitting a bowling ball.

But the good thing about it is once the baby is delivered it's over and the pain is gone - sorta like shitting a bowling ball.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Since we're talking about pain, the worst pain I had ever experienced in my life were muscle cramps of the groin muscle. Two consecutive nights, left then right legs hurt so bad that I prayed for death. I have pity on and admire any woman who has experienced natural child birth.

That WAS the worst pain until I got a catheter from a man-hating butch dyke before my angiogram. That bitch hates man and acts out her anger on every man that walks through the door. I'm convinced of that, ****...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have pity on and admire any woman who has experienced natural child birth.

:diva: I didn't have so much as a Tylenol with either of my kids.

BUT! The thing about natural child birth, like I said, is it's mega intense like nothing you ever thought you could stand.....but it's brief. Unless your baby is being all stubborn and won't come out, but normally it's a few hours of incredible pain....then it's over.

The worst pain I've ever had was when I broke my collar bone - the break was intense painful and the healing process was just this ongoing weeks long high-level pain that drains you until it starts to fade. The lady who ran Hospice at the time gave me some pain techniques that kept me from jumping off the TJ bridge. So that's probably closer to guys and their kidney stones.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
That WAS the worst pain until I got a catheter from a man-hating butch dyke before my angiogram. That bitch hates man and acts out her anger on every man that walks through the door. I'm convinced of that, ****...
Hubby swears this last hospital stay featured a nurse like that. Swore she stood at the door, hollared "Bonzi!", and plunged that catheter home.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hubby swears this last hospital stay featured a nurse like that. Swore she stood at the door, hollared "Bonzi!", and plunged that catheter home.
You would think that medical science would've come up with something better by now. I swear to God Almighty that I will never have another catheter unless I get something akin to an epidural first.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Had one for my last surgery, but fortunately it was inserted while I was under. Having it taken out was a bit of a new experience.

Toxick

Splat
According to The Five is real, because men have denser muscles, so they ache more.

Ha.

As a man, I'm going to ahead and disagree with this.
Men do have denser muscles, and probably do ache more.

But women are weaker and less able to take pain, except for one notable exception - so in the end its a wash.

My guess is that women tolerate the flu better, so they can be the martyr all year long.

Fairly happy that karma is no longer a thing here.

Tech

According to The Five is real, because men have denser muscles, so they ache more.

Ha.
So that explains the headaches with the flu.
Had a kidney stone when I was young and still living at home. Embarrassing having mommy call you in sick but nothing was dragging me off that couch to the kitchen and use the wall phone.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
The worst pain I've ever had was when I broke my collar bone - the break was intense painful and the healing process was just this ongoing weeks long high-level pain that drains you until it starts to fade. The lady who ran Hospice at the time gave me some pain techniques that kept me from jumping off the TJ bridge. So that's probably closer to guys and their kidney stones.
That sounds similar to two cracked ribs.

Every breath is like being kicked in the chest by a horse.
kick kungfu GIF