Medicaid / Medicaid advantage

TPD

the poor dad
I just told my wife I hope I never get old enough for Medicare - sounds too damn complicated! I have seen 3 commercials for Medicare in the last 15 minutes while watching Andy Griffith. Ugh

Grumpy

I just told my wife I hope I never get old enough for Medicare - sounds too damn complicated! I have seen 3 commercials for Medicare in the last 15 minutes while watching Andy Griffith. Ugh
Guess you were watching MeTV, all commercials there are about Medicare.

Reactions: TPD

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Three more days and open enrollment is closed and these things will be gone for another year.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Those are the Medicare Advantage programs, I believe. I also believe those are only advantageous in certain circumstances. (more complicated then I need to be here)

If you go talk to someone at your Insurance Company, it really is not that complicated. The MEDICARE WEBSITE CAN BE COMPLICATED, THOUGH. There are a MYRIAD of options and they link every single one of them, so if you are clicking on all the links to go read them, you end up in a huge rabbit hole. MY advice is to talk to YOUR Insurance Agent about your medicare options - using that in conjunction with the Medicare website.

That's what I did. I am pretty certain I'm going on Regular Medicare, with a Supplemental Insurance ("Medigap" Insurance to close the gap that Medicare doesn't cover) AND A Prescription Drug Plan.

Last edited:

phreddyp

Those are the Medicare Advantage programs, I believe. I also believe those are only advantageous in certain circumstances. (more complicated then I need to be here)

If you go talk to someone at your Insurance Company, it really is not that complicated. The MEDICARE WEBSITE CAN BE COMPLICATED, THOUGH. There are a MYRIAD of options and they link every single one of them, so if you are clicking on all the links to go read them, you end up in a huge rabbit hole. MY advice is to talk to YOUR Insurance Agent about your medicare options - using that in conjunction with the Medicare website.

That's what I did. I am pretty certain I'm going on Regular Medicare, with a Supplemental Insurance ("Medigap" Insurance to close the gap that Medicare doesn't cover) AND A Prescription Drug Plan.
What you are thinking about going on is exactly what I enrolled in.

I have no regrets at all, out ot pocket costs are very low once you pay the premiums. Of which the increases have been modest.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Three more days and open enrollment is closed and these things will be gone for another year.
No they won't go away, just change back to the "Dy-no-mite", Joe Namath, types. Currently it is open enrollment for those already with a plan that might want to change it and those commercials will revert to those now becoming eligible and will continue to be aired until it gets close to the next open enrollment. Once the government created this type of contracted coverage they let a monster out of the cave.

PeoplesElbow

No they won't go away, just change back to the "Dy-no-mite", Joe Namath, types. Currently it is open enrollment for those already with a plan that might want to change it and those commercials will revert to those now becoming eligible and will continue to be aired until it gets close to the next open enrollment. Once the government created this type of contracted coverage they let a monster out of the cave.
I got to say I have a hard time trusting those companies, it's difficult to compare with standard Medicare.