"Nuking Japan Was A War Crime" It Was Also An Absolute Moral Good! And World War 2 Was A Good War!

Kinnakeet

What a clueless stupid Bint ....

Judging a decision 80 years ago, on the morality of today

Nope it was great and showed the world who is the Boss and brought the war to a end! besides that what a way to test a new weapon or 2.

SamSpade

I have - over the years - gone back and forth on the moral ambiguity of this issue. I often wondered if the argument that it ended the war abruptly and prevented an extended invasion of the mainland, which would have resulted in more dead.

I've concluded within just the last couple years, by arguments coming from JAPANESE sources - that yes, it did keep many more from being killed and cities being destroyed by war. Actual conventional bombing campaigns on the mainland were killing nearly as many people as the Hiroshima blast. The use of nukes slammed the door on it. Japanese culture is LOATHE to surrender and the bombing made it clear that it was pointless to continue.

Good thing, too. We only had less than a handful of bombs.

CPUSA

I concluded way back in Elementary school, when I first learned about Japan's attack on Pearl harbor, their treatment of the Chinese during WWII AND the way they treated their POWs....that nuking them was a GREAT thing and they should've thanked us for stopping after 2 and it shouldn't even need to be discussed today....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Try to look at it in a positive way.

If we hadn't nuked them, there would never have been a Sony Walkman or Playstation 3.