Pit bulls jump fence, kill 2 miniature horses in Charles County

Clem72

This behavior isn’t specific to pit bulls. I know of labs and Chesapeake bay retrievers who killed neighbors goat

Pit bulls are only 20% of the pet dog population but commit 80% of the fatal attacks on people.

Wait a minute, it must be the fault of systemic conditions put in place by the west highland white terriors.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
When I was 12ish years old, a dog came out of the woods, jumped my friend's fence, took her small poodle, went back over the fence and the poodle was never seen alive again. It was absolutely terrifying, and I had nightmares about it. The dog was some mix breed pit and something else, but to me, that dog was Cugo.

We later found the carcass of white fur on a trail just before that murdering dog would have crossed the street to go home. That murdering dog walked a mile from his home to get that poodle. The owner was so irresponsible, constantly letting his dog just run the roads. My father, coupled with other men in the neighborhood, were armed with rifles ready to kill but were later stopped and told they could not hunt the dog or they would be arrested.

In my opinion, I doubt this was the first time these dogs ran around without supervision.

Clem72

And yes, the dog actually ate that little dog only leaving a fur suit carcass on the trail. :(
I would occasionally find bunny carcasses on my property in arizona. fluffy head and fluffy feet attached to stripped clean bone skeleton. Looked like a ritual sacrifice.

I assume we had coyotes living nearby. Or rabbit satanists.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I would occasionally find bunny carcasses on my property in arizona. fluffy head and fluffy feet attached to stripped clean bone skeleton. Looked like a ritual sacrifice.

My mothers property had a really big oak in the woods behind the house and on a couple of occasions a Hawk set up house there.

Her yard was always scattered with empty squirrel pelts. :lmao:

Louise

Pitbulls came up the road to my home and murdered my dog I put out a trap with some bait when I came home the next day low and behold there was the murder so I got my shotgun and served justice the AMERICAN way
Sorry for your loss. You did the right thing.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
were armed with rifles ready to kill but were later stopped and told they could not hunt the dog or they would be arrested.
The summer after my senior year in High School I had a PT job as a deputy game warden.
The Warden who hired me was a friend of my dad's and knew I was a good hunter, with good judgement.

My job, the saddest one I've ever had, was to shoot dogs in the woods who were chasing deer.
I had 4 tree stands, used a different one each day, 4 days a week, 5 hours a day. This was in State Forests.

That was a BIG problem in western Mass. in the mid-70's. I killed 27 dogs that summer. 🙁
Most were strays/ferals. 1/3 were collar wearing pets. The department would track down the owners via the rabies tag.
Fine assessed was $500.

PeoplesElbow

I get that in my yard, but it is an eagle. It takes its dinner to the top of one of my trees to eat it.