Political Cartoons

Clem72

I think this is almost the exact opposite of reality. It's pretty easy to interrupt the current fuel infrastructure, and everyone who isn't driving a bio-diesel capable vehicle with knowledge and ability to create their own fuels (after the French fry grease runs out) will be out of luck. Meanwhile anyone with a few solar panels and an inverter/battery could charge their cars or could use a genny if gas/propane is still available.

In an apocalyptic situation I am fairly certain I could charge an electric car with what I have on hand or could scavenge from the neighborhood/roadways. I am not confident I could make gas/diesel after the easily obtainable supplies run out.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I think this is almost the exact opposite of reality. It's pretty easy to interrupt the current fuel infrastructure, and everyone who isn't driving a bio-diesel capable vehicle with knowledge and ability to create their own fuels (after the French fry grease runs out) will be out of luck. Meanwhile anyone with a few solar panels and an inverter/battery could charge their cars or could use a genny if gas/propane is still available.

In an apocalyptic situation I am fairly certain I could charge an electric car with what I have on hand or could scavenge from the neighborhood/roadways. I am not confident I could make gas/diesel after the easily obtainable supplies run out.
Well Clem , there will be millions unlike you who do not have generators or solar panels and cannot make electricity out of nothing.
If we had that many electric vehicles, the power companies with their present infrastructure could not supply that many cars, and the electric infrastructure we have now is in danger of cyber attacks and you may need that electricity for your home that will be forced to operate on electricity in the future. Cyber attacks? It's easy to toss a bomb over the fence of any sub-station and close it down. How hard to make a bomb? Anything highly flammable in a glass jar with a rag on top. You cannot change the fact that we are 20 years perhaps longer--much longer ahead of being anywhere near capable of closing down our need for fossil fuels. Theo electric tanks and airplanes are a figment of someone's imagination.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I meant that it's just as easy to remotely disable a modern IC powered vehicle as it is an EV.
My 2014 truck has remote shutdown. That's from 10 years ago. If a vehicle has on-board cell service required for OnStar, etc..... you can be shut down, even if you haven't activated the service. If you want proof, go to a GMC with a non-activated OnStar and press the button. You'll get the OnStar operator.

WingsOfGold

1714098681266.jpeg