Showing the Sheriffs flag out at the Green Door this morning.....

glhs837

Power with Control
Because Sunday morning where the limit drops from 50-40 but it's still perfectly safe to do 50 when the bars not packed is a great way to make some stats.

TPD

the poor dad
I remember when the speed limit dropped to 40 in St Inigoes in front of Monks Inn and I always thought it dumb to drop the speed for something that only occurs a couple nights out of the week when the bar is actually open and cars parked on both sides of the road. Similar to the Green Door. St Mary's City is similar - 30mph speed limit when it should probably be 40 and treated more like a school zone - flashing lights during the day when college students are actually in session.

Tech

I remember when the speed limit dropped to 40 in St Inigoes in front of Monks Inn and I always thought it dumb to drop the speed for something that only occurs a couple nights out of the week when the bar is actually open and cars parked on both sides of the road. Similar to the Green Door. St Mary's City is similar - 30mph speed limit when it should probably be 40 and treated more like a school zone - flashing lights during the day when college students are actually in session.
Colleges aren't considered schools in most codes but a business, so no school zone. The green door bend I always slowed down a bit, blind bend, car parked on shoulders and traffic for the nursery next door. Friend of the daughter was seriously injured in a fatal head-on in that stretch about 10 years ago.

NOTSMC

That's my favorite place to do the speed limit and irritate the hell out of the driver behind me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Colleges aren't considered schools in most codes but a business, so no school zone. The green door bend I always slowed down a bit, blind bend, car parked on shoulders and traffic for the nursery next door. Friend of the daughter was seriously injured in a fatal head-on in that stretch about 10 years ago.

See, even at 50 I dont think its blind. If you are looking ahead there's plenty of time to react. The Door and the nursery (not anymore) you have plenty of time. the far riskier part is the intersection with Park Hall. People take the left onto Park Hall with no signal and clip the lane by 6-8 feet all the time. Folks leaving Park Hall Road taking a right ignore that stop sign like it doesn't exist. And taking a left, they pull out in front of people rounding the corner making them hit the brakes.

Second riskiest is right there at Cooks and Post office. People get stupid pulling into and out of there.

Source: I've lived between there and St Marys City for more than 12 years now so that area is part of my drive or ride almost every time I leave home.