The Army is a bunch of meanies!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Line these idiots up in front. When the enemy runs out of bullets send in the real soldiers. Win-Win for the country.
Cannon fodder. It's past time to remove the political activists from our military and rebuild with real soldiers, starting with those in charge.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Cannon fodder. It's past time to remove the political activists from our military and rebuild with real soldiers, starting with those in charge.
Won't happen until after we are totally overrun and can't defend ourselves, then the little bulb of reality will light. That time is rapidly approaching.

black dog

Free America
main-qimg-c1c472963cc3c21cc83fb681a2e1629e-lq.jpg

Clem72

They're not wrong, they're just idiots.

Bad food? Yes, it's cheap, filling, shelf-stable, then edible (in that order).
Officers power trip? Of course they do, they're not your friends.
Physically demanding? No crap Sherlock, you need to be able to do the job otherwise you are a burden not an asset.
Low pay? Yes, but only while you are low value. Once you prove you are worth something, they will pay you something.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They're not wrong, they're just idiots.

Bad food? Yes, it's cheap, filling, shelf-stable, then edible (in that order).
Officers power trip? Of course they do, they're not your friends.
Physically demanding? No crap Sherlock, you need to be able to do the job otherwise you are a burden not an asset.
Low pay? Yes, but only while you are low value. Once you prove you are worth something, they will pay you something.
If E-3s and E-4s were meant to have a wife and 2-3 kids, the service would have issued them in their sea bag.

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America
If E-3s and E-4s were meant to have a wife and 2-3 kids, the service would have issued them in their sea bag.
I shook my head at some classes on how things work in today's MC, I went to at my sons Basic and School of Infantry Graduation, with a few dozen new brides were in the classes too.
At SOI Grad a few were heading to stationed in Hawaii and had visions of lounging on the beach everyday. lol
There thought were quickly squished from a few Sergeants and a Lieutenant with saying, unless you all have rich parents your going to have to get a job also in order to live in Hawaii.
Oh and that new 5.0 Mustang/ Pickup your idiot husband just bought, if you all want it to go to your first duty station, you all need to pay to have it shipped their.

WingsOfGold

Didn't apply to me but heard it day 1 1969. Remember airman deuces in A school not a pot to piss in, no food makin less than 200 bucks a month net with comrats and housing allowance.
Should have left wife with Momma back home.