The swamp sends up a weather balloon about bringing back the military draft

PeoplesElbow

Sorry, some States had Drafts during The Revolutionary war, As I recall we didn't have a formal Fed Government until what 1787.
It really matters not State or Fed Government, we have used conscription a lot more than a fully volunteer armed services.
I can't find actual numbers only that it was "irregularly applied" for the revolution.

In the civil war more draftees paid someone else to go for them than actually participated. Does this sound like "it worked"?

I don't understand how someone that can be so against vaccine mandates can be for a draft. Neither are an action of a free government.

black dog

Free America
I can't find actual numbers only that it was "irregularly applied" for the revolution.

In the civil war more draftees paid someone else to go for them than actually participated. Does this sound like "it worked"?

I don't understand how someone that can be so against vaccine mandates can be for a draft. Neither are an action of a free government.
Lets not narrow the funnel down to one war, It just works. We should have mandatory military time here also. Do your couple of years and then a week or two a year in the reserves. Are you against when the court system used to give defendants a pick or three options? Jail, years of community service or X amount of years in the branch or your choice?

What makes you think I'm against most vaccines? Because I'm against what I believe should be a optional vaccine?

You think I didn't get a string of vaccinations growing up and in the service?
You should see what my son has been given in the last 5 years for enlisting and then for going overseas.

PeoplesElbow

Lets not narrow the funnel down to one war, It just works. We should have mandatory military time here also. Do your couple of years and then a week or two a year in the reserves. Are you against when the court system used to give defendants a pick or three options? Jail, years of community service or X amount of years in the branch or your choice?

What makes you think I'm against most vaccines? Because I'm against what I believe should be a optional vaccine?

You think I didn't get a string of vaccinations growing up and in the service?
You should see what my son has been given in the last 5 years for enlisting and then for going overseas.
Pretty sure you are against mandates for all to take a vaccine, but that comment wasn't directed at you.

Any why would I be against someone having the option to join vs going to jail? Well I am somewhat against convicted criminals getting options, but not entirely.

War has gotten more high tech, to the point that the military can't really use morons. The modern day warrior has to be as smart as they are tough. I believe assuming that joe-blow that doesn't even want to be there is in no way as good as GI Joe that enlisted. I work with enlisted and commissioned military every day and the thing that impresses me the most is how much smarter they usually are than the general population. They are also usually very mission oriented, with the exception of a only a few everyone that I've personally met were competent and seemed to want to do their job well.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Pretty sure you are against mandates for all to take a vaccine, but that comment wasn't directed at you.

Any why would I be against someone having the option to join vs going to jail? Well I am somewhat against convicted criminals getting options, but not entirely.

War has gotten more high tech, to the point that the military can't really use morons. The modern day warrior has to be as smart as they are tough. I believe assuming that joe-blow that doesn't even want to be there is in no way as good as GI Joe that enlisted. I work with enlisted and commissioned military every day and the thing that impresses me the most is how much smarter they usually are than the general population. They are also usually very mission oriented, with the exception of a only a few everyone that I've personally met were competent and seemed to want to do their job well.
Big difference between those Serving and those who are not serving. Those that are Serving are different because.
They Do What They Are Told to Do.
We still have a need for those that are told. Corporal, get Gator Boy up here asap... Now Gator run up that fu cking hill and toss that satchel in that bunker... Do you forget all those pictures in the news of those boys going door to door in the last 10 years?

Go and hang out with some Grunts from the Army and Marine Corp, just regular Field Infantry. Men that scored from 35 to 60 on their ASVABS and you will see that Bubba is still serving. Bubba's are not in the office, not much office with a Grunt until one becomes an Non Commissioned "Office"er
I dont know with the other Branches but I do know that every Marine has finished his/her Crucible in order to get there Globe and Eagle and become a US Marine. The only easy day was yesterday.

One earns everything you get in the US Marine Corp.
crusble.jpg

PeoplesElbow

Big difference between those Serving and those who are not serving. Those that are Serving are different because.
They Do What They Are Told to Do.
We still have a need for those that are told. Corporal, get Gator Boy up here asap... Now Gator run up that fu cking hill and toss that satchel in that bunker... Do you forget all those pictures in the news of those boys going door to door in the last 10 years?

Go and hang out with some Grunts from the Army and Marine Corp, just regular Field Infantry. Men that scored from 35 to 60 on their ASVABS and you will see that Bubba is still serving. Bubba's are not in the office, not much office with a Grunt until one becomes an Non Commissioned "Office"er
I dont know with the other Branches but I do know that every Marine has finished his/her Crucible in order to get there Globe and Eagle and become a US Marine. The only easy day was yesterday.

One earns everything you get in the US Marine Corp.
View attachment 174800
I thought Marines had a higher store requirement than that, I remembered a guy in the recruiting office the same time as me being sent over to the Army after a Marine recruiter rejecting him.

True that most of my experience is with the ones with aviation jobs. I did see a bunch of grunts piss on the floor of a C-130 because they didn't realize the aircrew were using a urinal in the back. I asked the load master if he was going to say anything to them, he said naaa its pretty funny, their packs are going to get wet eventually.

I had a group of marines at New River not do what they were told, they weren't doing anything but sitting around bored so they came over and offered any assistance that I might need. Several were fishing for contacts for a job when they got out.

black dog

Free America
I thought Marines had a higher store requirement than that, I remembered a guy in the recruiting office the same time as me being sent over to the Army after a Marine recruiter rejecting him.

True that most of my experience is with the ones with aviation jobs. I did see a bunch of grunts piss on the floor of a C-130 because they didn't realize the aircrew were using a urinal in the back. I asked the load master if he was going to say anything to them, he said naaa its pretty funny, their packs are going to get wet eventually.

I had a group of marines at New River not do what they were told, they weren't doing anything but sitting around bored so they came over and offered any assistance that I might need. Several were fishing for contacts for a job when they got out.
The minimum ASVAB to become a Marine is a 31 my friend, My sons was 92 or 93.
My son went through SOI at New River.
It was funny they peed on the floor. I'm sure they knew were the head was, they just didnt care.
Heres mine at New River barracks the day before Graduation.
barracks.jpg

PeoplesElbow

The minimum ASVAB to become a Marine is a 31 my friend, My sons was 92 or 93.
My son went through SOI at New River.
It was funny they peed on the floor. I'm sure they knew were the head was, they just didnt care.
Heres mine at New River barracks the day before Graduation.
View attachment 174801
For some reason I was thinking it was higher than the Army.

Could be, I took the loadmaster at his word though when he told me they were too stupid to know better, I really appreciated the warning so I could relocate my gear.

black dog

Free America
For some reason I was thinking it was higher than the Army.

Could be, I took the loadmaster at his word though when he told me they were too stupid to know better, I really appreciated the warning so I could relocate my gear.
I would bet he didn't tell them that. lol