This forum now supports 'Question' type threads...

somdadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Now, when you create a thread (Conversation in Xenforo terminology) you have one of 3 options for the type:
  1. Discussion (the one everyone is used to)
  2. Poll
  3. Question (the new kid on the block)
q-threads.JPG

The unique attributes of the Question thread are that users can up or down vote other poster's answers, essentially voting which is the best solution to the OP's original question. When the OP is satisfied he has the answer he was seeking he can select the best response as the best answer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@David It appears that when you start a survey, the only thing that shows up is the Title of the thread. Anything you post in the comment box in the initial post doesn't show up.

Try and see what I mean.

somdadmin

Administrator
Staff member
I disabled it for now. I believe it has to do with merging template changes from last update.

Anyone who wants to play with it and has access to the testform site can do so over there. Same forum as this one.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
So I just tried the new question feature in the weather forum but I didn't get the question option. Is this option only available in certain forums or to certain members? I never did get to sit at the cool kids table...😕

somdadmin

Administrator
Staff member
@vraiblonde OK, everything should be working now in regards to this forum accepting QUESTION style threads.

Moderators can change existing threads to the QUESTION style, but I do not believe that the OP is able to do so.

If anyone wants one of their old threads in this forum switched over, ping one of us from a post in the thread to be switched.

P.S. Users can not up/down vote their own posts. Sorry, no cheating. Only the OP can select the final SOLUTION to the QUESTION posed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@vraiblonde OK, everything should be working now in regards to this forum accepting QUESTION style threads.

Moderators can change existing threads to the QUESTION style, but I do not believe that the OP is able to do so.

If anyone wants one of their old threads in this forum switched over, ping one of us from a post in the thread to be switched.

P.S. Users can not up/down vote their own posts. Sorry, no cheating. Only the OP can select the final SOLUTION to the QUESTION posed.

It seems to be working correctly. Go in and give a response so I can up- or down-vote you.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron

Posting a link

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron

Reposted... and now the favicon works as it did before.

Last edited: