Traveling to Bethesda

Tech

Need to be in Bethesda at 0730 on Wednesday, at that hour which is the best way to go? Clockwise/counterclockwise on beltway or straight thru the district? Experienced people pleased at your input.

Grumpy

Need to be in Bethesda at 0730 on Wednesday, at that hour which is the best way to go? Clockwise/counterclockwise on beltway or straight thru the district? Experienced people pleased at your input.
Counter clockwise around beltway and give yourself a ton of time, prime time rush hour.

Tech

Counter clockwise around beltway and give yourself a ton of time, prime time rush hour.
:rolleyes: I know, family member getting a procedure done, when I googled location it gave me the three routes. Somebody owes me a bottle of bourbon.

OldHillcrestGuy

I go thru DC, but I couldnt tell you all the streets that I use. One is Westmoreland Circle, I also make a left at Sibley Hospital. Very busy time of day.

SamSpade

Used to commute to Rockville from PG - definitely going to be faster counter-clockwise but - again - anticipate traffic. It can be murder once you enter Montgomery County.

Tech

Used to commute to Rockville from PG - definitely going to be faster counter-clockwise but - again - anticipate traffic. It can be murder once you enter Montgomery County.
From my house google shows the three routes about the same distance/time. The place is at the end of Massachusetts, just trying to get the feel on traffic.

SamSpade

From my house google shows the three routes about the same distance/time. The place is at the end of Massachusetts, just trying to get the feel on traffic.
I also when I go toa place I’ve never been - choose the SIMPLEST path. Less degrees of failure.

Grumpy

I go thru DC, but I couldnt tell you all the streets that I use. One is Westmoreland Circle, I also make a left at Sibley Hospital. Very busy time of day.
Was gonna mention a route thru DC but impossible for me to remember all the turns/streets, but DC is traffic camera crazy nowadays so I avoid going through DC if possible.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Why not GW Parkway north to to 495, and then the S Clara Baton Pkwy? The worst part appears getting over to MacArthur Blvd. It looks like there is only one crossover from S to N just past Glen Echo Park. I've always made good time on the GW.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why not GW Parkway north to to 495, and then the S Clara Baton Pkwy? The worst part appears getting over to MacArthur Blvd. It looks like there is only one crossover from S to N just past Glen Echo Park. I've always made good time on the GW.

I would go up the parkway, cross into Georgetown and up Foxhall rd .....

phreddyp

Where in Bethesda, near the district line or near NIH ?