What are you buying of Black Friday deals?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Verizon here too, prepaid. When I swapped from a Motorola to the Pixel 4 it took less than 5 minutes.
I might need some advice in the future on this! You can really just get an unlocked phone you like (for instance, a lot better model, etc) and switch the Sim? 4g or 5g does it matter?

Thing1 is my son with the developmental disabilities and he is so hard on his electronics! He goes thru at *least 1 phone a year! I got him Verizon pre-paid abt 2 yrs ago to save me some trouble with trying to get service on the phone from Straight Talk. Now he goes into the store and yaks their brains off when he has an issue. It was a lifesaver switch for ME. We also have an "emergency phone $$ savings acct". so it doesn't kill the (HIS) budget when he breaks it, but any additional savings will help, also!

This would save me a lot more headaches!

Bann

PREMO Member
I bought a toilet brush at 1/2 price, and since I am a Prime Member, I got to order it early for the Black Friday price.

Yeah me!!!
Actually, I need a dish drainer for my kitchen sink - I might just order one from Amazon and get a deal! 🤩

PeoplesElbow

I might need some advice in the future on this! You can really just get an unlocked phone you like (for instance, a lot better model, etc) and switch the Sim? 4g or 5g does it matter?

Thing1 is my son with the developmental disabilities and he is so hard on his electronics! He goes thru at *least 1 phone a year! I got him Verizon pre-paid abt 2 yrs ago to save me some trouble with trying to get service on the phone from Straight Talk. Now he goes into the store and yaks their brains off when he has an issue. It was a lifesaver switch for ME. We also have an "emergency phone $$ savings acct". so it doesn't kill the (HIS) budget when he breaks it, but any additional savings will help, also!

If you look at the description on amazon most of them show what networks they will work with. Sprint uses a completely different technology so it is usually the only problem child.

PeoplesElbow

I use to buy moto g phones because they were cheap and worked well. Here is one on amazon, if you scroll down it shows what networks it works on.

It's been such a non issue, but I think I remember having to log into Verizon and update things on their website, maybe not. I do remember I had AT&T the first time I did it and all I did was swapped the sim card. This assumes both phones use the same size sim card, most use the nano size now. One time i had to go to the store and get a new sim for $5 due to size change.

Amazon product

PeoplesElbow

We mostly have JUST those everywhere in the house.
Can't beat them. I have two in my house and one in my office to use as a computer monitor because it was cheaper than a computer monitor and the built in speakers save me from having a set of speakers on my desk.

Bann

PREMO Member
I use to buy moto g phones because they were cheap and worked well. Here is one on amazon, if you scroll down it shows what networks it works on.

It's been such a non issue, but I think I remember having to log into Verizon and update things on their website, maybe not. I do remember I had AT&T the first time I did it and all I did was swapped the sim card. This assumes both phones use the same size sim card, most use the nano size now. One time i had to go to the store and get a new sim for $5 due to size change.

Amazon product

This good to know for next year. He literally just got a new one in November. He is on his phone nearly 24/7 and now even uses it for music since his last iPod 6(a re-furbished gift given to him for Christmas last year by my brother) crapped out in October. 🙄 I told him NO MORE. Not doing it - he will need to save up for that

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
With my StraightTalk phone (runs on Verizon), the phone came with a SIM card. Go to the website, input the new ESID etc..., turn off the old phone, turn on the new phone. Couple minutes later it's done. If you're so inclined, you can sell the old phone as a working unit with SIM.

PeoplesElbow

This good to know for next year. He literally just got a new one in November. He is on his phone nearly 24/7 and now even uses it for music since his last iPod 6(a re-furbished gift given to him for Christmas last year by my brother) crapped out in October. 🙄 I told him NO MORE. Not doing it - he will need to save up for that
He sounds like the perfect candidate for cheap unlocked phones. Me, I'm just cheap.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
BJs had a pre-pre-pre black Friday sale 2 weeks ago, and I got a small tv for the bedroom. I'm done.
Black Friday is a good time to pick up what you "need". I'm not a very materialistic person and can do without all the new crap that hits the market. Also not a TV or movie watcher. I only have so much time allotted to me and I'll be damned if it's going to be wasted on watching TV for hours on end.

My Black Friday purchases will be a truck battery and a can of starting fluid. I've got a '79 K10 to get running so I can bring it to its new home.

Bann

PREMO Member
He sounds like the perfect candidate for cheap unlocked phones. Me, I'm just cheap.
:jet: It's been the bane of my existence since he was a toddler. :cds: He's worn out/broken more electronic gadgets than any other human I know. The problem (but not for him, as he learns things from it) is that when he thinks there is a problem with something, he will fool with it incessently. (that's due to the perseveration or hyperfocusing he is prone to) That's when the problem for ME occurs, because THEN eventually that issue gets worse, and it does not go away. :lol:

I'm cheap, too. I *never buy the latest, greatest anythings, much less a phone.

eric14

Well I would've ordered a series x but I'm still unemployed. Instead I ordered a few movies on blu-ray (an american tail/fievel goes west and land before time)