What do they mean?

gemma_rae

Does anyone have a take on what these lyrics mean?

Alice Heimer Words and Music
By Lorrie Riddell

She wakes alone and wonders for a moment, where in the world she is.
There's no one home and she is panic stricken, how did it get like this.

She makes her bed because it feels familiar, humming an ancient tune.
She drifts again, into the realm of strangers, leaving her life in ruin

CHORUS: Alice Heimer, what have you done with your life,
Did you put it up on a shelf out of sight,
Will you bring it down one day, when you're on your way
back home to love and the light
Alice Heimer's gone (home)

A corner chair, her mind begins to wander, thinking of days gone by
Her daddy's plans, her sweet and jolly mother, scenes that played out of time

The tv drones, she doesn't seem to notice, searching for words in lines
She comes and goes, asking the same old questions, where has she been this time

CHORUS:

She rests her head, and in her darkest hour, prays not to be like this
She wakes alone and wonders for a moment, where in the world she is

Sounds like someone who has recently lost someone due to a bad choice, and she contemplates what went wrong, but continues with life in a perfunctory fashion, by habit.

But I look for meaning at face value. If it's deeper than that, it's beyond my train of thought.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Sounds like someone who has recently lost someone due to a bad choice, and she contemplates what went wrong, but continues with life in a perfunctory fashion, by habit.

But I look for meaning at face value. If it's deeper than that, it's beyond my train of thought.

Having lost someone to Alzheimers as soon as I read it, that's all I could think about.
Especially towards the end, she'd be totally panic sticken when she woke up, never knowing where she was and how she got there. Only remembering the faces and names from her childhood and not anything or anyone more recent. Really heartbreaking.

Having lost someone to Alzheimers as soon as I read it, that's all I could think about.
Especially towards the end, she'd be totally panic sticken when she woke up, never knowing where she was and how she got there. Only remembering the faces and names from her childhood and not anything or anyone more recent. Really heartbreaking.

Re-reading in that context, it sounds very plausible.

:huggy: mig.

gemma_rae

This is really getting deep because a woman I know is being divorced by her husband for repeated infidelity and has a parent in the advanced stages of alzheimers! She is who I heard the title from. Very sad!