What the Actual **** is Going on in Charles County?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I seem to remember that Spence confessed everything to the cops after. (I forget if he turned himself in.) In return for a plea, he spilled the beans on the shooter.

Tech

Along with the woman who tried to drown her kids and when she failed at that, tried turning them into popsicles. She got only 10

limblips

PREMO Member
Don't worry I watched the State of the Union and Uncle Joe said violent crime has fallen since he took over. One more term and he should have it down to zero.

Reactions: TPD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Please help me understand.

Feral humans doing what they do. 9x out of 10 they have a slew of priors, so they know they aren't going to be punished in any meaningful way, therefore there's no reason for them to act like civilized human beings.

Or were you asking *why* these judges let criminals and punks off with a :nono: so they can go out and attack some more people?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Feral humans doing what they do. 9x out of 10 they have a slew of priors, so they know they aren't going to be punished in any meaningful way, therefore there's no reason for them to act like civilized human beings.

Or were you asking *why* these judges let criminals and punks off with a :nono: so they can go out and attack some more people?
The second.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The second.

I feel like the judges must be paid off. That's the only reason I can think of why they'd keep releasing these rabid humans to prey on us. Maybe if it were their loved ones being beaten, raped, and killed they'd have more compassion for victims, but as it stands they're on the criminals' side.

Money is the only thing I can think of.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I feel like the judges must be paid off. That's the only reason I can think of why they'd keep releasing these rabid humans to prey on us. Maybe if it were their loved ones being beaten, raped, and killed they'd have more compassion for victims, but as it stands they're on the criminals' side.

Money is the only thing I can think of.
Nope, I think it's more a restorative justice thing. What surprised me somewhat with the sentence is that Judge Carrington-Martin was an Assistant State's Attorney.

Was watching a show the other day where the jury was hung. The reason? One juror refused to convict where another Black man would go to prison even though there was a confession, DNA and witnesses. Second go around the guy got LWOP plus enhancements.

limblips

PREMO Member
There should be a solid law that if a perp is released prior to serving the ENTIRE term he was sentenced to then the judge that reduced the time to serve be held accountable as an accessory for crimes the perp commits while on early release. Far fewer sentence reductions would occur.